
Meet Spot,see Spot run.Not really,he just stood there peering down at the mighty silly person sprawled out on the ground looking up at him.I had decided to snap a few pictures before our ride,so I walked up onto the little knoll that made me on the same level as he was.The only problem was I was alittle too close which caused his nose to fill up my camera lens.As I began to slowly backup I kept my eye in the viewfinder.The result was me falling backward onto the ground as I hit a raised area of the ground.I took my eyeball out of the camera to find Spot looking amusedly down at me.He probably was wondering what kind of idiot this was and what my intentions were.Even though I did feel foolish and wondered who had been watching,I looked back up at him and said SMILE!The picture was snapped and all was well.

In an earlier post I mentioned that this coach was rented to go out for an hour on Saturday night but it actually had gone out on Friday night before the rodeo.Maybe one of these times we will go ahead and rent it ourselves.Bonnie and Clyde earn their upkeep with pulling the assorted wagons and stagecoaches.Belgian horses are one of the strongest breeds of horses.They can pull loads that weigh more than a short ton {0.9 metric ton}.

The Back Forty swimming hole was very refreshing to Chuck and I this afternoon because of it being so hot this day.We took a two man tube down the sky high water slide with a mighty refreshing swoosh and splash into the bottom pool.The exhillerating fast ride took my breath away.The second ride we took I found my butt touching bottom as we flew down the water slide.I walked over to the lounge chair to stretch out in the sun and discovered that Chuck had quickly gone back over and grabbed a one man tube to go back up again.I didn't think to have my camera at the swimming hole with me or I would have quick snapped a picture.Before leaving we visited Captain Jacks refreshment stand for a cold drink and then sauntered over to the hot tub.Even though it was awful hot,the hot tub always feels good on the worn body.The water in the water slide had been alittle cool from them refilling it just the day before so a few rides down and you felt like alittle warm up.With the three trail rides we had our legs and butts released a long sounding AAAaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

For dinner this evening we had a BBQ over in the campground that was just a short walk away from our log cabin.The food was delicious and filling.A walk back to our cabin followed after we sat there for alittle while enjoying our meals and watching as people filled the area up to enjoy also.We had alittle time in the cabin with me having my stomach in trouble after what I ate and how much I ate.Even after many years after stomach surgery from my ulcer that closed my stomach off,I still have problems.I was very concerned about being able to go back over and enjoy our Wild Wild West Show.Finally some time later we walked out of our cabin to where the Wild Wild West Show would soon take place.We walked into the General Store and the hat rack immediately caught my eye.Low and behold their were two hats that caught my eye.The first one was a Canadian cowgirl hat and one that had turquois on it.I thought of Colleen and Ed immediately and stood there flabergasted because I have never seen a Canadian cowgirl hat in all of my browsings of hats.The turquoise hat was beautiful also.Yes you guessed it,I walked out proudly with both of them.Do I have a few cowgirl hats? One big happy YES I do.It actually all began with Colleen and her cowgirl hat she wore on one of her trips to Michigan to see her twin sister.Colleen and Jeannie will have a hat to wear when they want one.When Annette and Earl and the girls went to the Double JJ I gave them enough hats for all of them to use on their special time and told them to keep them for future times.One coming up soon YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!That Log Home is waiting patiently for us while we are waiting impatiently for it.

The Wild Wild West Show began at 8:00pm with Skip in it on a beautiful Buckskin horse.If I were to have a horse of my own I would latch onto a Buckskin.They have always been my favorite horse.Bryan likes the paints,the indian horses.Actually I think they are a pinto horse.The flags are being proudly flown as the wranglers take their horses around the arena.

Here Bonnie and Clyde are proudly pulling their stagecoach with the wranglers and show girls around the arena.

As the show went on their was a lady who walked the stands looking for possible candidates to go out into the arena for each of their stunts.It brought lots of laughs and giggles.At one point the lady came and climbed up to Chuck and I with a smile on her face.Yep,she wanted Chuck to go out into the arena with her.Chuck stalled and was shaking his head as he was with a big smile on his face and dread of being included in those out in the arena.Naturally I nudged him and encouraged him into going with her.As he got up,he looked back at me with that dreadful look and whispered,I'm going to kill you for this afterwards.I just laughed back and was thankful she hadn't wanted me.Down about three picture you will see him out in the arena with one other guy.

Skip is the one on the BuckSkin in the right of the picture.




As they were given their own toilet seat minus the toilet,it was announced that they would be doing Sewer Horse Shoes.The one to get the closest would be the winner.

The other guy went first.

Then Chuck.Look at that beautiful form he has taken.It looks like his bowling form.If you can imagine how heavy a toilet seat is you can understand how much harder it was to throw these horse shoes.They each had three throws.

After their throws the crowd of spectators applauded for the one they thought was the winner. Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,Chuck was the winner!Wow what a rush!He came back with a smile that overtook his face and I was saved.


Toward the end of the show,one wrangler came out leading a riderless horse and another was holding the American Flag.As everyone stood and removed their hats chills were felt going down me.The horse only had a pair of boots in the stirrups as it was led around the arena with music playing.It was to honor the veterans who have fallen.You could have heard a pin drop as everyone stood there watching.


As the sun began to descend,so did the show.It is a show that runs every weekend so I do believe we will see it again with Annette,Earl and the girls.There was to be Karoke in the Shooters Saloon but we opted to go back to our cabin.After going through the line up of all the different show participants and their animals and giving them our hearty thankyou for a wonderful show,we drove back to our cabin.

This was to be our last night at the Double JJ in our cozy Log Cabin.One last night in the hot tub,something cold to drink and the lights went out for the night.
5 comments:
Now where was Chuck with his camera at a moment like that!
Dianne, I'm so glad you were able to enjoy this time of relaxation and fun. You needed it so badly! Also happy to hear your other fun news today -- will we see a picture of it soon?
Oh, it looks like so much fun. Glad you enjoyed it so much.
Uncle Ed
Yes,Chuck is going to use my camera and snap a couple of pictures.I will post it on my blog soon.
OK, Eagle-Eye!
Waitin' patiently to see what "it" is!
:) Pressure, pressure! :)
Post a Comment