Sunrise -- Sunset
Sun sets on our present day, allowing our minds and bodies relaxation, renewal and rejuvenation with the rising of the sun the following morning.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Double JJ Relaxlation Time


We pulled into the Double JJ Ranch And Golf Resort thursday just in time to get checked in at The Town Hall and get over to the Ranch for our 4:30 pm trail ride.We left our suitcases packed in the car until after the trail ride.The Back Forty is the first place you drive up to and the place to stay if you are bringing the kids.They have a very large shaded campground,log homes,log cabins,even indian tee pees.For those who like water they can enjoy the Back Forty Swimming Hole.It contains a hot tub,150 foot waterslide,zero depth activity pools and snack shop.The Back Forty has a arts and craft shop,General Store and Ice Cream Parlor.They have a Dance Hall,Jail,Petting animals and horse barn.
The two places you can take a trail ride is either here at the Back Forty or The Ranch.I had set up our 4:30 pm ride as an extra ride when I called to get us booked for a log cabin the week before.After our trail ride we drove over to our log cabin where we were to spend three nights.There were several clustered togeather back in the trees.I need to pick up tomorrow with some more talk.Right now RuthAnn wants me to join her at the fire pit for a few marshmellows.
This is the Ranch Barn where I was given Darla and Chuck was given Blaze for our trail ride.The wrangler asked us if we wanted to request any particular horses to ride but had to tell him no,because we couldn't remember names from the previous times.This time I made sure I wrote down names of horses we found we liked,those we saw others have we didn't want any part of,and those who we would like to try.
As I had asked in my previous post,Remember Mr.Ed? Well,meet Trigger,the horse that has taken Mr.Ed's place.She had gotten caught up in some barbed wire a few days back and was trying to get healed up.She was beautiful and reminded me of Roy Rogers horse.
Meet Darla and Blaze who we had for three different trail rides.Darla is the grey horse and Blaze is the strawberry blond one.
Darla was alittle stubborn when I took her reins and tryed to lead her away from other people getting saddled up.We had alittle tug of war between us because she had decided she didn't want to move from the spot.She did finally give up and go with my lead.Once out on the trail she decided to eat half the way whether I wanted her to or not and seemed to get antsy with the flys that enjoyed bugging her.Needless to say I kept cautious of her deciding to retaliate and buck.I looked in front of me and back of me to see if the other horses we flinching from them and they didn't seem to be.It didn't keep me from asking for her two other rides.I decided I wanted to get to know her on his trip to the Double JJ.
Meet Blaze,Chuck's horse.Doesn't Chuck look happy? He decided to ask for Blaze two other times also.
We have just begun our walk away from the barn past The Ranch and onto the trail.We decided for this trip to just go for walks on our horses.Chuck's leg was really bothering him from being injured at work a couple of times and me I just wanted to calming walk.We have decided we need some one on one time with a wrangler to help feel more confortable with the trot.Chuck did find out that Blaze is not smooth with the trot,so he won't ask for him when we go for our trot,canter ride in the future.As far as Darla is with the trot I didn't think to ask.
After our trail ride we proceeded to go get connected with our log cabin.Suitcases were happy to get out of the hot car and be taken into the cabin.Our cabin is the one on the far right.We then proceeded to check out Rothbury for a place to have some dinner.By now we were both hungry for alittle food.We ate at a small country cafe and then drove into Whitehall to a grocery and pharmacy store for a few forgotten items.Back we drove to our cabin and called it an early night after the hot tub.It had been a stressful start of our day as Chuck had to get a U Haul and help Bryan get moved out of the place he had been living and back into our house before we could take off for the Double JJ.Sam had gotten drunk the night before and kicked Bryan out of the house and changed the locks.He threatened to put all of Bryan's things out on the curb if he didn't come back the next day to get them.By the time we hurried out to make our 4:30 ride after dropping RuthAnn off to Annette's house we needed the shut down.I will be posting a couple of more posts of pictures,so keep tuned in.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Looks like a great place for some relaxation and fun!

Anonymous said...

The other "Mr Ed" is envious. Glad you had a great time!

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

It sounds lovely Dianne! Thank's for posting it all. Your pictures are great!

It would have been great to have been there with you. I'm really glad to see you had your time there again.

Carol-Ann Allen said...

These pictures are just so good! I love the one of the horse looking over the fence and the last one of the cozy night cottages! Looks like an ideal place for a getaway!