Sunrise -- Sunset
Sun sets on our present day, allowing our minds and bodies relaxation, renewal and rejuvenation with the rising of the sun the following morning.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Vote Taken

Victory in Jesus is what can be said for those of us who were against our pastor's dismissal.The vote was taken Sunday morning after the pastor gave us the mornings sermon.He and his family proceeded to go home while everyone sat on the edge of their seats waiting to be handed their vote paper.A pin could have been heard as they came back in and one man proceeded up to the pulpit to give the results.The vote was 97 to 50 against the pastor's dismissal.There were several hearty amens and clapping from us who were against the dismissal.As I stood outside watching different ones gather here and there in conversation,while others got in their cars to drive off,I wondered sadly who we would not see again.My heart felt very sad as I stood there watching people leave.The sad thing is the damage has been done.Our prayer is that we can get beyond this point and become stronger for it.Thank-you for all your prayers during our time and our time for the next several sundays to come.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some people's leaving could be a "blessed deletion!" Sometimes God has to remove the "Stumps" for the seed to grow and multiply.
I realize it's never easy. Been there, done that!
I will pray with you that the healing process may begin and be effective.
Ed

CML_Shearings said...

Thanks for keeping us informed. We will continue to pray. I agree with Ed that pruning is often a necessary step for good growth.

Carol-Ann Allen said...

These have been such difficult posts to read, Dianne! Perhaps I should have encouraged you with a comment sooner but I just didn't know what to say! The imagery of pruning and cleaning out the garden that Ed and Cary have used is the first thing that comes to mind. I've also often wondered ... do those in "heaven" have feelings and emotions of hurt and sadness? What must it have "felt" like in heaven when a third of their "congregation" of angels made the "choice" to leave!

Sometimes I also think God Himself allows some break-ups that come along the way because He purposes to move people on and the only way they will move is if the hornets are let loose! It's not necessarily that these are the bad guys and these are the good guys! That's what makes these kinds of things so hard as we ache to realize that someone we thought to be a "good guy" is actually panning out to be a "bad guy"! Sometimes that indeed may be the case but I think sometimes the Lord is just moving His people around to get their attention because He loves them, each one, dearly!

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Dianne, the church needs a few more of you, who choose to be committed to being there in the tough times. My heart says "thank you", and my eyes are at the moment, "tearing up"

What can we say??

I love you Dianne