Once we got done eating we walked over to where a tractor was waiting with three hay wagons hooked up to it.These were to take anyone who wanted a ride over to the rodeo.Chuck and I had first dibs on what seat we wanted.We got on the first wagon behind the driver and once again struck up a conversation.He was doing the wagon rides and shuttleing people back and forth on their shuttles between the Back Forty,The Ranch and The Fronter Land.He is normally one of the wranglers that rides a beautiful horse and works his horse in the rodeo but was having to be used differently for awhile.He had gotten bucked off his horse while out on a trailride and had hurt his back real bad.Unfortunately he was not to thrilled driving shuttle and the haywagons.Soon the wagons filled to compacity and off we went over past The Ranch to the rodeo grounds across the street.
The Klein Rodeo began at 8:00pm with the wranglers racing out into the arena with their beautiful horses and flags flying in the wind.As we all stood our patriotic song was sung beautifully with great pride for our country.I loved the wranglers flag shirts they all wore and decided after the rodeo I was going to go back to the General Store and check into buying one.The stands on the other side look sparce with people but that was only because noone wanted to be facing into the hot sun.Our side was filled to capacity.We had very hot weather the four days and three nights we were there.I felt bad for the wranglers that were having to wear the long sleeve shirts all the time.Its too bad they couldn't have come up with short sleeve western shirts.
This wicked looking bull looks like he wants to butt heads with one of the clowns.Actually its the clowns job to distract the bulls from time to time.I don't think I would want that kind of a job and if I did,I would definately want some awfully good insurance and jumbo bottles of nonstop ibuprofin.
The rodeo was lots of fun for even the spectators in the stands.Here they let kids out to chase down calves who had colorful ribbons tied to their tails.There were about five calves let loose in the arena that were trying desperately to get away from the mighty on slaught of kids chasing them down.I think the calves must have had trauma in their eyes if you peered into them.It was fun to watch but I felt sorry for the calves during the game.The winners were given a trophy for whomever tagged the right ribbon.They should have teaseinly said ,and now
The broncs had quite a time hanging on to their bumpy rides.Talk about courage of all these contestants.
Here they had the wedding party that was there for the night and a wedding the next day all come out into the arena for a tug a war.To help them,they had all of the wranglers come out for the pull.It was so much fun watching them get lots of people from the stands out there to kick up their heels for the different games.
Here the cowboy wranglers are doing a baton pass with each other against the cowgirl wranglers.I believe the cowgirl wranglers won but might need to check with Chuck later when he gets home from work.
The clowns had their fun for a little performance.The little girl was supposedly hypmotized and places stretched out on three brooms.It was asked between them and the people in the booth up above who believed they could take out one broom at a time and end up with her only laying on one broom.
Here as you can see they succeeded.It was quite a performance.I am not quite sure how they succeeded in doing it.At the end they all happily began walking out and left the little girl hanging there.Of course it was all part of the act.Everyone enjoyed watching it and were left with their mouths hanging open
Of course whats a rodeo without seeing the cowgirls do the barrel race.

4 comments:
Praise the Lord that He is giving you such wonderful Western fun. Enjoy!
Rodeoing is fun. Remember when you came up here. Barrel racing is a great event.
Uncle Ed
Oh, it looks like you had a wonderful time there. Wow!! I love your pictures and writing Dianne. I'm waiting for more pictures.
Those are some awsome looking shirts! Were you able to get one?
I love you Dianne
Would you believe they were out of my size when I got back and looked.I had seen them when I first got there and had thought about it.Its my fault I didn't buy one earlier.They had large and up size wise.Love ya.
Post a Comment