Sun sets on our present day, allowing our minds and bodies relaxation, renewal and rejuvenation with the rising of the sun the following morning.
Friday, March 11, 2005
Where Poets We're Discovered
Tranik Elementary School
Our two room school house with the cafeteria in the basement.The one side to house kindergarden through third and the other side,fourth through sixth.
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Pardon me, my dear . . . This is Traunik Elementary School, and all three of us girls attended there. I was one of only 4 students(all girls) in 6th grade. Only Bill went into Trenary (10 miles further away) to the "big school" (grades K-12)--he was in Jr. High (8th grade). We got the best education there in that little 2-room country schoolhouse that we ever had throughout all of our years of school, and the meals were just like Mom's home-cooking!
Up until this little school house Colleen and I did pretty poorly with our school work which produced pretty poor grades.Mom and Dad we're always trying to get our teachers downhome to put us back a grade to help us and they wouldn't do it.It was in this little school house that the teacher came to Mom and Dad to suggest making a change to help us improve in our classroom studies.Colleen went back to fourth and I stayed the same.When we got back home Colleen came back to fifth grade and I stayed in fifth grade.From that point on we we're on the honor roll with A's and B's.Wow what a difference it made. The food in the basement was the best like Jeannie remarked.
I grew up in Union Lake, Michigan, just outside of Pontiac, Michigan,a twin, in a family of seven. Two brothers and three of us sisters. As graduation approached, my twin sister and I proceeded to pack our bags to go our separate ways to different Bible colleges. Colleen to Briercrest Bible Institute in Canada and myself to Grand Rapids School of the Bible and Music in Grand Rapids, Michigan. There I married the man who became my husband from Fremont, Michigan, and have been married 41years. We have three unique, special, grown children, each with their own different personalities, four wonderful granddaughters, and a very special son-in-law whom we love very much.
Each day the Lord gives us a new, glorious sunrise for waking up to, signifing the beginning of a fresh new day and a breathtaking sunset, signifing the closing down of another day. Sunrise--Sunset
3 comments:
Pardon me, my dear . . .
This is Traunik Elementary School, and all three of us girls attended there. I was one of only 4 students(all girls) in 6th grade. Only Bill went into Trenary (10 miles further away) to the "big school" (grades K-12)--he was in Jr. High (8th grade). We got the best education there in that little 2-room country schoolhouse that we ever had throughout all of our years of school, and the meals were just like Mom's home-cooking!
Aha! I've heard about this little marvel of a schoolhouse! What fun to actually see it!
Up until this little school house Colleen and I did pretty poorly with our school work which produced pretty poor grades.Mom and Dad we're always trying to get our teachers downhome to put us back a grade to help us and they wouldn't do it.It was in this little school house that the teacher came to Mom and Dad to suggest making a change to help us improve in our classroom studies.Colleen went back to fourth and I stayed the same.When we got back home Colleen came back to fifth grade and I stayed in fifth grade.From that point on we we're on the honor roll with A's and B's.Wow what a difference it made. The food in the basement was the best like Jeannie remarked.
Post a Comment