Sunrise -- Sunset
Sun sets on our present day, allowing our minds and bodies relaxation, renewal and rejuvenation with the rising of the sun the following morning.

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Back to Our Roots


Isn't it amazing how we become like our parents who raised us? Our kids who we have raised could make the same statement now about us only a few centuries later. It evolves over and over again. It doesn't matter how we say we are determined to not be the same way, but unfortunately it does happen. It's normally the bad traits we are determined not to continue happening, but for some reason it doesn't stop.

I love the sillyness and the of-the-moment happenings that were created to spice up our life. It frustrated Mom, and did upset her at times but she submitted to Dad. This picture was taken at Grandma Hudson's funeral in Pontiac at the reception after the funeral at Marimont Baptist Church. I remember the laughter that erupted when Mom slid her glasses down on her nose, and Dad following suit after that. It made the heavy moment lighter, which was welcome.

The moments when our loved ones pass is heavy, but they have gone on to be with their beloved Lord, and they are wanting us to move on. Mom, I know you're smiling down on us and waiting for the day. Sillyness is in the family to stay-- whether good or bad, it's how we handle it.

2 comments:

Mister Ed T said...

Yep! Dem apples didn't fall far from dat tree either! But I have to admit they have a lot of (sometimes surprizing) flavor! It's a blessing (most of the time) to be grafted into dat family tree!

Side note: When I brought Colleen into my side of the family, my Mom had a family Wedding Shower for her. Colleen's comment was: "It's geat to be part of such a cooky family!" She got a great ovation for that. P.S. I think my mon had six sisters and four brothers so there would have been a lot of "cookyness" in that household too!

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

I remember when this was taken, quite well. I remember them both acting silly right then I'll never forget my plane flights that I took in order to get there, either. Thank's for posting it. Yes we do have "silly roots".