Sunrise -- Sunset
Sun sets on our present day, allowing our minds and bodies relaxation, renewal and rejuvenation with the rising of the sun the following morning.

Friday, March 11, 2005

Alittle Bigger Then,Now You See It,Now You Don't


Traunik

Our town which housed our grocery store and Bill and Jeannie's HighSchool.Once a week our trip into Marquette would get the laundry down and extra items that could not be done in Traunik.Help me if I have it backwards.Trenary was just the store with the gas pump in front by the elementary school I believe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup, ya got it backwards...this is the thriving metropolis called Trenary (where Bill went to school). There were just two short main streets, lined with stores and little businesses. Only four places stick out in my memory: The little IGA Food Market where Mom picked up anything needed in-between our weekly trips into the big city, Marquette (about 45 min.-1 hr. drive from home); and the "Co-op" store that was like a general store; and the "feed store" (for animal needs); and an insurance office (which is where Mom and Dad paid the rent on the Davis cabin). I think there was also a Post Office there. I recall Mom and us kids "going into town" (Trenary) once a week, for the small stuff.

Eagle-eye Di said...

Cool.Thanks for the info.I was afraid as I was posting it that I got the names of the town mixed up.