Sunrise -- Sunset
Sun sets on our present day, allowing our minds and bodies relaxation, renewal and rejuvenation with the rising of the sun the following morning.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Update To Answered Prayer

Maxine
The Lord answered my prayer for bringing Maxine into our home a short while ago.She was from a march litter that apparently was more used to being outdoors then indoors.As she loved playing and jumping at any slight movement under the bedcovers,the claws would come out.Both sets,front and back,along with trying to grab on with her teeth.As we would try to pull away from her she grabbed on more strongly ending up with scratching the hands or arms quite abit.As RuthAnn would pick her up a certain way she would nip with her mouth onto RuthAnn's cheek.One minute I had alittle girl in tears being alittle sad and scared wanting her to find another home,to everything going wonderful and her becoming her friend again and one whom she dearly loved.Unfortunately I also found she had not used her litter a couple of times,one time being in the bathtub.I was quite back and forth being torn as to what the end decision should be.Yes,I ended up putting her in her cat carrier and turning her into the Humane Society.She fought the ride the whole way with her teeth barring the door trying to get it open.It actually was alittle scarey to me.I filled out the proper paper work as well as I could and filled them in on the whole situation.They at first said they probably couldn't readopt her out but decided to just watch her behavior for a few days.I payed 20.00 for my free kitty and drove home in tears asking the Lord what it all meant.We're not supposed to ask why Lord but our human emotions have a hard time sometimes.I waited for alittle while before beginning my new search because I wasn't sure what I should be doing. I had a very sad little granddaughter because she wanted a kitty so bad.One morning before Sherry and Tano and Ellie were here,RuthAnn who was laying next to me in bed,awoke in tears crying about not having a kitty yet.After Sherry and the kids left I started slowly looking once more.Last monday Bryan came over and said,Mom,lets go look at kitties.We brought one home from Pet Smart in Grandville.Lake Haven this time handling these kitties.Since Autumn who became Misty with us began being here I noticed she wasn't eating and drinking like she should be.After a couple of days she began feeling very warm,became very lathergic,and had alittle gunk in her one eye.Wednesday nite I went up to babysit Annette and Earl's girls for the nite,taking Sarah to her school openhouse and dropped Hannah off for her girls sleepover to her friends house over nite.The following morning we picked Hannah up from her sleepover and drove back to GrandRapids to Grandma and Grandpa's.By friday nite I was very concerned for our kitty because by now she still wasn't eating or drinking and her temp still seemed warm.She was loosing wait and I was beginning to feel her bones protrude all over her.This morning I awoke early in tears praying to the Lord to please allow us to keep her and make her well.I called the vet as soon as I could and in we went.She had a temp of 104,she has developed fustitous,which means she has an infection in her two back teeth which are beginning to desolve and they we're not sure if she might have developed feline leukemia or had developed an upper respiratory virus.Here we go again.Need I say I was in and out of tears during the appointment?RuthAnn was taken out to play with some toys in the outer area by one of the women in the room with the doctor and I.The doctor took Misty in the back to check for feline Leukemia while I walked back out to sit with RuthAnn.After alittle bit they came out to inform me she tested negative for that so they went back and got her Lord willing on a turn around to getting well.They gave her something to bring down her fever,and got her hooked up for getting fluids into her body.They did several things,then came out with her with medication for her to take for a week.I have a can of moist food that is high in protein that I began to try with her and she still wouldn't take it.I brought it into the bedroom,put some on my finger to get it down on her mouth and thank - you Lord she began nibbling the food.We have a week of big time TLC here and as you all can guess please pray for Misty and us as we are really praying that she comes around.I am supposed to call them if things don't begin improving this coming week.The medication is not eye drops it is to be taken by dropper into the mouth once a day for a week.Love one and all. Oh and by the way,my caddy began acting up on the way up to Sparta to get the girls.The AC that had just been fixed suddenly began blowing out warm air, the engine lite came on and has not gone off,the cruise stopped working and when I put my foot down on the gas it acts like it doesn't want to get moving and doesn't sound right either.Some how the shifting doesn't feel right as you put the gas on. Chuck took my caddy into the car shop to get it looked at before they closed at 12:00 forLaborDay weekend and I proceeded to take Misty and RuthAnn into the vet.I drove the LaSabre to the vet and parked out front while we walked in with Misty.Halfway into being there,one of the girls came and asked me if the blue car parked out front was my car.I looked questionally at her,said yes and asked why?Well I just wanted you to know that your antifreeze is all leaking out underneath on the driveway.When it rains it pours.After I went in and was looking at the toys with RuthAnn I heard the one lady behind the desk talking with the guy sitting there about what was all going on with me.I sauntered up to the desk with needless to say wet eyes once more and said that the Lord knows I need more patience so he is giving me alittle more tribulation.Tribulation worketh patience. The good Lord knows I need more patience but I really don't need more tribulation.With that I took RuthAnn's hand,got one more cup of coffee and walked back to the kids toys area.Friday I took all the granddaughters to the bus terminal to put Dan on the bus for him to go visit friends for the weekend in Royal Oak.He will be back next tuesday and will be coming home in a taxi,his choice.When Misty feels alittle more herself I will take a few pictures and put another update on the blog.Until then please pray for the Lord's will in all of this.The Lord's will be done not mine.

2 comments:

Mister Ed T said...

We've had downpours too. They are not nice but in the end they strengthen our faith and deepen our wakl with God. We will pray for you. Right now we re enjoying the long weekend with Brian and Suzanne and Thomas and Makyla. Ron and Jen were out this afternoon too. We will all to something toghether tomorrow too. Love. Uncle Ed

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Wow Dianne, you have not had a easy time with your pets lately. We will be praying that things go well. This cat is beautiful! And little Ruthie sure needs a furry friend in her home.

Love you Ruthie!