
Also known as Bud to friends and family was born in Pontiac,Michigan.He was the son of Eleanor (Smith) and Max Wentword Wells. A veteran of the U.S. Army.Bud served during WWll in the European Theater. He was 10 years in the army. During his working years, he was a furnace and air conditioning installer and repairman. He also was a private pilot and loved flying. Bud loved fishing on Lake Superior, even running a charter service. He enjoyed hunting as well as riding motorcycles and of course loved airplanes and flying. A member of the American Legion in Grand Marais. Bud was also a member of the Coast Guard Auxilary, participating in many rescues. Bud is survived by his daughter, Robin Jones and son,Edgar Wells both of Traverse City; by his sisters, Lenore (Dwayne) Monroe, Barbara Jean Vanderland,both of Cedar Rapids,Iowa and Maxine Berry of Muskegon,Michigan. Also surviving his grandson, Brian.He was preceded in death by his wife Jeanie.
In earlier years Bud worked for the Pontiac Municiple Airport, flying a private plane. When us kids were young Bud gave us kids a ride in his private airplane which Dad remembers it as being a Cessna 172.It was a 4 seat single-engine high wing airplane.
Years later he eventually found his way to Grand Marais to live out the rest of his life. Grand Marais is in the north central part of the upper peninsula of Michigan.Located on the southern shore of Lake Superior midway between Sault Ste.Marie and Marquette. Grand Marais is at the eastern end of the Pictures Rocks National Lakeshore.It is a natural harbor which is the only safe harbor between Whitefish Point and Munising for when Lake Superior starts to get rough.

In December when Dad received word that Bud was not doing well he got in his car and traveled the long journey to Michigan.He spent some quality time with him knowing this was more than likely the last time he would be able to see him alive.Bud's daughter realizing her Dad couldn't live by himself any longer traveled to Grand Marais to bring him back to her home in Traverse City.It wasn't long before Bud passed away. Bud's ashes will be taken out into Lake Superior where his former wife's and our Mom's ashes were laid to rest. Our Dad has also told me that is also where he would like his ashes taken. In May when the ice begins to break away for boats to safely be out in the lake Bud's request will be done. I have requested that I be notified when it happens because I would like to be on that boat. Dad we love you and are so sorry for your loss.

4 comments:
This picture reminds me of Dad, on his motor bike with Uncle Don. Thank's Dianne for putting all that in, along with the picture.
Looking at that picture and talking to an elderly lady on the phone at work yesterday, who said she doesn't know where the years have gone, she was healthy and now is in and out of nursing homes, makes you realize that we need to enjoy and appreciate the life we have and not to get too rushed. Thanks for the reminder! I love you mom! And appreciate you very much!
Love,
Annette
Ron told us about his visit with Bud, so it was great to see his photo & read of his life. Thanks!
I love you too Annette.I really do enjoy seeing you in here and your leaving comments.
I was very thank-ful that Lenore sent me the two pictures so that I could get them in here.
I wish I had thought of putting the picture in here of Dad on his motorcycle.
Dad
Post a Comment