
Hello!My name is Mr.Ed. I was in this here corral to be sold to someone with a sweet heart and a big pocket book.This horse loved coming over to be pet by anyone who wanted to give him some love.I would have loved to have wrote that check out and loaded him up to take back to Grand Rapids.

Meet Lisa and Dave.They were a very nice christian couple from the Detroit area Chuck and I met on Saturday.I sent them some pictures I took for them and let them know we would love to know the next time they want to go so that Chuck and I could be there also.Its wonderful to be there just the two of you having a little special time but even better and alittle more fun when there are two couples to have fun togeather.The horse that Dave was on was my horse for one of our rides.

This is the owner of the Double JJ.Chuck met him on Sunday morning.When we got over to the barn to saddle up,Chuck's horse whom he had rode yesterday,acted frisky like he wanted to run.Chuck decided to change from our walk to the ride that included trot and canter.That was fine I didn't mind at all.I had not been feeling well the whole time we were there.This morning I only wanted the walk,which meant it ended up being only myself and my wrangler.After I got back to the barn I began waiting,waiting and more waiting for Chuck's ride to return.Lisa and Dave came walking over for their ride out and they waited with me.Finally we saw the horses returning but one horse was minus a rider.My first thought was,oh no the older man must have had problems on their ride.I soon found out that it was Chuck that was missing.He soon came walking up to the barn.Chuck's horse saddle was not tight enough to begin with and at one point he had went sliding off to the ground.After he was given a different horse,that horse got too close to the back of the horse that was in front of him and decided to buck.Chuck got bucked off and landed on a uprooted tree root that had protruded out of the ground abit.The owner was there to help Chuck out.Unfortunately we didn't go out on the next ride as extra on the extra sheet.That was ok because Chuck might have had trouble anyway.

This here just shows a small amount of horses they had.If I had taken my camera out earlier I would have gotten better pictures of the horses they had.To the left side of the picture a wrangler is standing with a horse that looks exactly like the horse I had on my first ride out.Its the tan and white horse that is so beautiful.He was a good horse.

This sign is on the path out to the corral and barn to saddle up for our rides.

This is the Chuck Wagon where you eat your meals.On saturday night we walked in and I felt we were underdressed.They had a beautiful food set up with every table having candles lit and the servers were dudded up in white and black fancy outfits.It had all the looks of a very expensive elegant place you would wear a suit and tie to.I said something to one of the girls and she said not to worry about it.They have decided to do this on Saturday evenings to make it alittle more elegant and realize the ones staying at the ranch will be dressed down.I do believe the next time we go we will be prepared with dress clothes for this evening.Of course cowgirl clothes.

This is The Wildcat Trading Post.This is where the ones staying at The Ranch come to sign in for their stay and receive all the info for staying there.It is just across from the Chuck Wagon.We received our cabin assignment and proceeded to go and unload our luggage.We drove our caddy back over to the small parking lot prepared to have it sit their for our stay and checked in about the rodeo that was to take place our first night.We had only been there about 40 minutes when my cell phone rang and I received the awful news about Jeff.

This is where we stayed.We were actually in the back of this unit.I believe it was the Hobie.We stayed in this same cabin the last time only in the front of it.The cabin has no tv or radio in it.We could have taken a radio but chose not to.It just would have got in the way of us connecting togeather for our short vacation.It is right across from the entertainment center,The Silver Dollar.We don't have far to walk to check out the evening entertainment.We had gone over to The Back Forty for a hay wagon ride and bonfire saturday evening after dinner but discovered the wagon ended up being overloaded with girlscouts.We called for the van to pick us up and went back to the Ranch.

This is the main entertainment center,The Silver Dollar, around front which has the lake in the front area.This is where they have Saturday lunches for everyone and it is grilled to a tee.It is scrumptous.They have row boats to go out in on the lake.The bottom of the entertainment center has a few arcade games,a couple of pool tables,a bar that you can get a drink at,a big screen tv,an old fashion juke box to play singles and a few table booths where you can sit your butt down in.The top area is the large open area where they can have dances with country line dances being taught at.They have a very good instructor for country line.He does it quite often through the night.This is the place if you want to be up to all hours of the morning.Many do and then realize they can't get up and going for their ride they signed up for in the morning.This time as we were in the back of the Hobie Cabin we didn't hear a lot of the going on.

A good swing before we left.I had taken my camera around for some needed pictures before we left. Join us next year? As we drove away quietness filled the car with a great heavy sadness of heart for what we were driving back home to prepare for.The whole time we were there tears constantly threatened to erupt from inside me and did at night as we would return to our cabin to sit down on our bed for night.I would soon find myself asking Chuck in tears if we could bow our heads one more time in prayer for Aunt Ruth and all the family involved.
7 comments:
Looks like an awesome place! Awesome horse. Awesome cowgirl too!
Yea! More Pictures!!
Love your pictures Dianne
I would love to join you next year.
What time of year is it again?
This year my times will be all messed up, as to when and what I can do. Suzanne and baby will be my first priority, but I will see what else I can do.
We like to go in late summer or early fall.The Ranch closes down sometime in November.The Back Forty is the place to stay during the winter,or over at the golf area.This is where they have a new indoor water playland.The Ranch is only adults.The Back Forty is family,kid orientated.
Did I say that, "My times will all be messed up?" shame on me!! I didn't mean it the way it probably sounded. Love you!!
Did you update this post? I didn't notice "Mr. Ed" Before. Hey, that's my name. Most everybody calls me that any more.
Yep I sure did.Actually as I saw him standing there looking at all who venture into my blog,an old tv show came to mind.The talking horse's name was Mr.Ed,I think.Or not.It could be part of my brain fry.Help me out anyone?
Post a Comment