28th street,one of Michigan's busiest thoroughfares,held our Second Annual Metro 28th street Cruise.I'm sure everyone saw a car just like the one they drove in highschool way back when.At 4:00 pm lots of the old cars began their cruise up and down 28th street.There was lots of burning rubber and squeeling of the tires.Where we were sitting in front of Rogers Department Store and across from us were different ones throwing water on the pavement to encourage different car drivers to have fun showing off how well they could burn the rubber and squeel the tires from a stopped position.The police were also there riding their motorcycles trying to nab those who were burning the rubber sending lots of smoke into the air surrounding them.At one point a driver asked the people next to us if there were any police around and they were told no.Unfortunately just after they reved their car up the police showed up.As police would pull someone over to talk to them the crowd would boo them loudly to show the police disapproval from the crowd.Some people down further we were told actually dressed in that time era.I am sure there were people thinking that would be neat to do next year,including yours truly.Poodle skirt and pony tale and saddle shoes here I come.Of course I have to find these items or else maybe leather would do.Anyway next year August 25 we will be enjoying the next Metro Cruise.









2 comments:
I love those older cars. They had "class". I would have loved to have been there with you, watching them drive by.
I believe the fourth one in this set (little, red and white) is a Nash Metropolatin. My Pastor when I was in high school had one. Its about the size of a VW bug.
Post a Comment