Sunrise -- Sunset
Sun sets on our present day, allowing our minds and bodies relaxation, renewal and rejuvenation with the rising of the sun the following morning.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

A Time Of Unwrapping Gifts,Good Food and Lots of Good Gab

As we all gathered togeather at Brian's Aunt and Uncle's home,a cd of the wedding was placed in the computer for all of us to view.With so many of us also trying to capture moments on our cameras we probably didn't make it easy for the camcorder handler to avoid ending up with someone right smack in front of his camera half the time.The editing of the camcorder was successfully done to make a fine finished product for Suzzie and Brian.What a great keepsake of their wedding!They sure have a huge selection of still pics to choose from for their wedding album from all us picture takers.It was so nice and alot less stress in knowing that they had several people snapping shots.If one camera ended up shooting all their pics and then was found out there was no film in the camera,there was always several others shooting.I know each of our different digital cameras have their own special quirks that can be frustrating to deal with.What great technology there is now where you can take your pics,download them into a computer and plop a cd in to fill them onto.Wow instantaneous results!I know when I received my cd from Jeannie which had more pics then my grouping of already 700 pics it was well over 1000 pics.What fun to be able to pick from so many and how mind boggleing.
The kids had lots of fun getting soak n wet in the sprinkler.Their dog just kept running in circles we thought enjoying it all,but was told he was actually in a protecting mode.I believe Thomas soon found this out to his demise.All was well not long afterwards.With the weather being in the 90's the whole time we were there in Penticton the sprinkler was very welcome to the kids.Look ma,I'm wet all over!I almost suspected a couple of adults would be joining them for a cool down also but it didn't happen.These were happy kids.They went from getting soak n wet to picking cherries from the tree and raspberries and blackberries from the garden bushes for the adults.Everyone yards have fruit in them,especially cherry trees.I do believe it keeps the stores from selling many because of it.Shoot our B and B had a large cherry tree in their back yard for us to pick from.Between Dad and Chuck,our bowl on the table stayed pretty full of cherries.They tasted delicious.
Brian's mom and her sister look so much alike they could be twins.It was very nice of them inviting all of us over for a nice evening with them.
Dinner was barbecue burgers and the works.It was very good and filling.
Dessert was the tops.As you can see here the men are very much ingrossed in feeding themselves the delecktables.Delicious dessert.

Once it looked like everyone was well satisfied and very full,the table was cleared and the gifts from the wedding were placed where the food had sat.
Thomas and Mikayla enjoyed getting in on trying to unwrap a few themselves.They were anxious to see what special gifts were in those pretty packages.As always what happens,the box for the cards was quite full.The squeels from Thomas and Mikayla were plentiful.It was fun sitting there watching their new little family have fun opening them all up.
Of course there is always time for a shoulder rub from Colleen for daughter.Oh it looked like it felt so good,I'm surprised a line didn't form behind Suzzie waiting their turn.I am sure it popped into a few minds at that moment.From what I have been told previously,Colleen gives very good shoulder and back rubs.I know while her kids were growing up I would hear of lots of massages happening at their house.
Brian's aunt and uncle's place has a beautiful setting nestled up on the mountain looking out of the valley of Penticton.The front of the house has a deck on it where they can sit and enjoy a hot cup of java togeather while gazing out,watching for deer,wolf,bobcat,bunnies,squirrels ect...............The time we were there I'll bet our woodland creatures were all gathered watching our time unfolding at Aunt and Uncle's.
One long bear hug between loving brothers was had.It wouldn't be long before Brian and Suzzie would pack up belongings and the two kids and travel homeward.
Aha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Suzzie and Brian didn't get away totally without something being done.Here sits their van just having been fixed up abit by a couple of pranksters.Shucks how much good clean fun can be had amoung loved ones.There are a few good stories of what has happened each time someone got married.Suzzie and Brian you got away pretty lucky.Love it.This is goodbye for our time here tonight.Only a couple more posts to be added and then the wedding posts will be done.

1 comment:

Mister Ed T said...

That was a good day!