
A Time Of Restfullness
For each of us in our different locations,that time of night comes differently.Time to finally put our feet up,place our heads back against the chair or couch we might be sitting or laying on and let our minds and bodies begin to relax with the Lord's peacefullness overtaking us.The dishes are done,the laundry put away,kids in bed,tucked in,story read,prayers said,our time to unwind.At this time thoughts start swirling around in our heads of chores that had not gotten done or maybe people whom we should have connected with but didn't have the time for.There sits the tv,the computer,the bed,the wonderful book that we are partially through,the phone.As spring is now here and summer in the near distance arrives my front deck with begin to be occupied with someone watching this beautiful time at night lapse with maybe even a few fireflies whose butts light up filtering through the bushes and trees.Gigantic bowl of popcorn,mug of pepsi and the want of a spouse sitting next to me to enjoy it with me takes place.I would like to put my foot through the tv and computer which has taken over the specialness that should take place as husband and wife.Of course the next post would be saying I am now sitting with a broken foot in a cast for the rest of the summer,throbbing from the pain that I myself caused it.Ten oclock and the clock strikes for the ending of another day the Lord has made.Lights out and the brain begins swirling again,open comes the book until early in the morning.My or my where did the time go.Sunrise is beginning to form showing us the good Lord is giving us another chance.Feet on the floor,body upright,butt off the bed,begin your walk into another day with the Lord.Oh did I ask about the devotional with a cup of hot steaming coffee to begin your day off right?
Good Morning Lord
You are ushering in another day,untouched and freshly new,So here I come to ask you God,if you'll renew me too?
Forgive me the many errors that I made yesterday and let me try again dear God,to walk closer in thy way.
But Father,I am well aware I can't make it on my own.So take my hand and hold it tight for I can't walk alone.

4 comments:
WOW! Awsome picture and post. Thank you Dianne. I am gonna print it out. I love you. Beautiful reflection on the "end of the day". Thanks for sharing, it was very refreshing (and very cute). Have you seen any of those fireflys yet? Maybe you could catch a few in a special jar this summer and send them to me. Make sure their butts light up, ok?
Yep,mason jar primed and ready to catch them der critters with lite up butts.How many ya want?
Now I see clearly why you are growing in your relationship with the Lord and maturing as wonderful woman of God. He does amazing work in our lives in the 50's decade of our lives. According to Bruce Wilkenson ("Prayer of Jabes" and "Secrets of the Vine") it happens to most Christians about our age. It's the time we stop trying to do more and start being more in our relationship with our wonerful Lord.
About a dozen criters with "light up butts" will do, I think. Thank's Dianne. That ought to be enough light in one jar
Post a Comment