Mom, Barbara Jean Deane was born on October 26,1925 to Rev.Forrest and Hazel Deane in Payette Idaho. On September 28,1944 she married Dad, Ronald Eugene Smith while he was a short leave from the Navy.She then attended Bob Jones Unniversity while dad was serving his country in the South Pacific.They raised us in Union Lake,Michigan and in 1976 as jobs had gotten very scarce they decided to travel out west to find work.Dad had always had a dream of one day living out West. Plenty of work was found so they came home, put the house up for sale, packed their belongings and said goodbye to family and friends to traveled westward. Mom went home to be with her loving,heavenly father on December 7,2003.
As I sit here,my mind clearly goes back to the hospital room in which everyone of our family including Aunt Mollie and Uncle Burt stood around your bed saying our heart wrenching goodbyes.Mom,here on earth your life was full of things to do with a family of 7.It had its ups and downs,tears and laughter.Good times and bad times as life brings along the way.Your life was finally brought to to an end as Shy Dragers took over your body.As the road got long and weary for you and you just couldn't bear it any longer your loving,heavenly father looked down on you and decided it was your time to be released from your tormenting disease.Its been five years ago today and I miss you.You may be gone from us here on earth but never gone from our hearts.I look forward to joining you in that heavenly choir of angels.I can see the smile on your face as you are enjoying your heavenly home with family and friends that were already there to welcome you with open arms.Give them all our best,I love you and Merry Christmas.


2 comments:
Thanks Dianne for your post about mom. I have been trying to do something in my blog, but it just don't want to go in there.
I love you Dianne!
Thanks, Sis! My thoughts were also fixed on Mom, on Sunday, Dec. 7, but I just didn't seem to have it within my ability to put it into words. I still miss her, and, of course, have my own regrets. You summed it up very well. Thanks for sharing your heart with us.
Post a Comment