"Twas the night before Christmas, he lived all alone, in a one bedroom home made of plaster and stone.I had come down the chimney with presents to give,and to see just who in this home did live. I looked all about, a strange sight I did see, no tinsel,no presents, not even a tree. No stocking by mantle,just boots filled with sand,on the wall hung pictures of far distant lands.With medals and badges,awards of all kinds, a sober thought came through my mind. For this home was different, it was dark and dreary. I found the home of a soldier,once I could see clearly.The soldier lay sleeping,silent,alone,curled up on the floor in this one bedroom home.The face was so gentle,the room in such disorder,not how I pictured a United States soldier.Was this the hero of whom I'd just read?Curled up on a poncho, the floor for a bed? I realized the families that I saw this night,owed their lives to these soldiers who were willing to fight. Soon round the world, the children would play, and grownups would celebrate a bright Christmas day. They all enjoyed freedom each month of the year,because of the soldiers,like the one lying here.I couldn't help wonder how many lay alone,on a cold Christmas Eve in a land far from home. The very thought brought a tear to my eye,I dropped to my knees and started to cry.The soldier awakened and I heard a rough voice" Santa don't cry,this life is my choice;I fight for freedom, I don't ask for more,my life is my God, my Country,my Corps" The soldier rolled over and drifted to sleep,I couldn't control it, I continued to weep. I kept watch for hours, so silent and still,and we both shivered from the cold night's chill.I didn't want to leave on that cold,dark,night,this guardian of honor so willing to fight.Then the soldier rolled over,with a voice soft and pure,whispered,"Carry on Santa,it's Christmas day,all is secure."One look at my watch, and I knew he was right."Merry Christmas my friend, and to all a good night."
Anonymous
May our Great Heavenly Father In Heaven grant you all a very Merry Christmas this 2008 Christmas Season.May he give you all a wonderful celebration with family and most of all may he dwell in you richly with love.May we all remember the real meaning of our celebration: The birth of our Baby Jesus Christ born of Mary and Joseph.We love one and all and to all a good night.

1 comment:
What an awsome Christmas story Dianne. I love it.
And what a beautiful tree, all decked up.
Hard to believe Christmas is only a few days away.
Love you Dianne!
Post a Comment