Friday, October 31, 2008
God's Seasonal Transition
Leaving the warmth of summer with the cooling of fall,I know I must say goodbye to my wonderful place of retreat.Our mighty Great Lake Michigan,our little California beach as many think of it,Grand Haven,Michigan.All but one shop remains open,the only bathroom open is on the wharf, an occasional couple are walking the length of the boardwalk holding hands, a senior couple is walking their dog,trying to catch the remaining sun rays and light breeze,a young person on either a bike or roller blades is breezing by.The campground has emptied of the many motor homes,pop up or pull trailers,and tents. The campfires are no longer roaring with flames from burning wood as friends and family visit with each other and stay toasty warm on some of the chilly nights.The campstoves are cold,no longer being needed to cook that scrumptious steak,hot dogs or hamburgers.The campground and beach is silent except for the noise from the birds attempting to scrunge up food to get them through the rest of the day.Their missing all those young children who throw them popcorn or chips and squeal with delight as the birds swoop down to snatch it before the other bird gets it.There are more cold,blustery days and nights then before with people replacing shorts and bathing suits with jeans and jackets.Autumn is in the air as the leaves have became a patchwork of colors and are now floating downward to the ground.The many different size boats have either been taken back to their homes or have been dry docked for the winter.I feel sad I haven't gotten out there as often this summer as I would have liked to now that I have added on being care giver for Chuck's mom in Howard City with being mom to a now six year old granddaughter who calls me mom/grandma.RuthAnn began with us as a four and ahalf month old and will be 7 years old January 25,2009. Now is the time when chili and hot cocoa become more welcome.Outdoor watering,except for a newly seeded lawn is no longer needed.The lawnmover has been replaced with the snowblower.Hopefully it hasn't been needed yet.The car batteries and car tires are being checked to see if they are ready for ole man winter to arrive.Summer clothes are being replaced with warmer ones including making sure the hats,gloves and boots are ready.Today our christian music station was playing Christmas music.Our minds naturally shift to what needs now to be prepared for winter.Burrrrrrrrrrr,are you ready for it? Montana and Canada I realize you are already with snow.Chin up,you only have seven more months and you can begin thawing out once more.Yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.


3 comments:
You are mistaken. No snow yet. In fact a few days ago it was 65 F. However the long range forecast is for temps around the freezing mark, but no snow yet. Oh yes, last Saturday we had high wings, then a flury that lasted only a couple of minutes.
Wow what beautiful pictures of the beach Dianne! Ya it is sad to see the end of those beautiful, serene times you enjoy there each summer. It is sad to see everything freeze over and get covered with snow once again for winter.
But the great thing is, It will come back soon!! Yep!
I would love to spend some more time with you there soon again.
I love you Dianne!!
And HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US!!
YIPPY AND YIPPY!!
Happy Birthday Colleen,I love ya.
Post a Comment