
Cubbie Bear is where it begins. Cubbies key verse:
1 John 4:10; Romans 3:23; Romans 5:8

This evening was parent evening at Club. RuthAnn had fun laying down on this rather large sheet of paper to have me trace around her and then have fun having us all decorate a figure of her. As you can see neither Dan or I aced art class in school, but RuthAnn sure was proud to show off her picture to everyone.
For their game the kids were to take off both of their shoes for them to be placed in a metal tub. As they watched and saw their shoe come out of the tub, they were to race down, get their shoes, race back, sit down and have their parent quickly put them on and tie them up. RuthAnn had worn her cowgirl boots with zippers on the sides which should have been easier but her dad was blind as a bat. The first time around it was a little slow in time, but I soon had an idea. As soon as RuthAnn had sat down, I quickly grabbed one boot as her dad grabbed the other boot and made the work in double time. It got quite the laugh out of everyone, but also lightened the situation up a bit also.
Here the kids were supposed to take two cupcakes, frost them and put sprinkles on them for their parent and themself. She did one for her and her dad and then was given one to frost for her mom. (Grandma) Yum Yum! It sure tasted good. Songs were song and the evening was over. What a wonderful evening for the kids and their parents.
Flag ceremony began the award nite. The Cubbies were sitting down in the pews on the right with their leaders.
They got up, sang a couple of songs, received their awards and sat back down with their parents.

6 comments:
What a sweet little granddaughter you have! I love that last picture of her sitting there all by herself, looking a little sad that Awana has come to a close.
Thank-you very much Jeannie.Love you.
This window into your world is great. We have AWANA at Lolo Community Church too & it is a wonderful program for children...the next best thing to sending your children to a Christian School. Scripture memorization at this age is so wise! The photos of RuthAnn & Dad are priceless. You will be so glad as she grows older that you took them. I recently gave myself a nostalgic evening by pouring through the photos & memories of Esther at this age.
What an awsome post Dianne! Having worked in the Awana Program for alot of the time we were in Thorhild, we both really enjoyed your post. Thank's for all the pictures and writing.
What awsome pictures of Ruth Ann and her daddy.
It brought back lots of fun memories for Ed and I.
Hi Ruthie!
You look all grown up! You need to slow it down! I love you very much! You are a special girl! Good job at Awana!
Love,
Auntie Annette
What a lovely post! I've scrolled through it so many times just enjoying the sequence of pics over and over.
And Ruthie, I have to say that cowgirl outfit is just too snappy for anything! Now you will not forget what happened in Cubbies this year because it's all written down!
Why my daughter was little she used to lie down on paper for me to trace her too. She liked to do it because it tickled and made her giggle! I liked to do it because I liked to see how much she had grown! We still have one of those paper girls!
Post a Comment