Sunrise -- Sunset
Sun sets on our present day, allowing our minds and bodies relaxation, renewal and rejuvenation with the rising of the sun the following morning.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Squirrel News

Dad's squirrel friend needs a name.I would love to have several suggestions from all of you.The name I choose,the giver will receive a prize in the mail.Get your thinking caps on and send some ideas.It has become a daily happening with our friend coming and sitting in the front or side tree trying to get our attention.This peticular day he had a friend with him for the whole time.Its said that in late winter squirrels do their mating with each other so my guess is this was a pair.Its also asked,how do you tell a male from a female?The only way is to take the squirrel and turn him upside down and check.These pictures I took this day show Dad's friend quite clearly to be the male.I do believe Dad's friend could become a papa this spring for either the first time or who knows maybe the 10th time.
After I had given the two squirrels several crackers believing them to be quite full,I found one of them peering out at me from inside the trash can.I guess I had better be careful when I go out to the trash to throw some trash in.I might have a surprise waiting for me.
Said the spider to the fly......Thank goodness there was a window screen between Misty and the two squirrels.
Crackers are being enjoyed for the moment.
Dad's squirrel friend won't go hungry this winter and Larry will enjoy receiving the quite heavy walnut cuttings from the chosen tree.
In december when Dad came to our home in Grand Rapids,the two of us had some fun going over to our walnut grove.We trudged through the prickly brush,stepped on and over alot of fallen walnut branches and gathered lots of walnuts laying all over the ground cover.The ground was quite damp and mushy squishing up mud pockets on our shoes but we continued until we felt we had all we needed for our squirrel friend.We made three trips back and forth the last two trips we took the chain saw with us for our walnut tree cuttings.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such fun pictures! I, too, love watching squirrels in the yard--especially when they're munching contentedly in my squirrel feeder, or hanging upside down from one of my bird feeders. They're hilarious, adorable little "pets"!

Anonymous said...

Since he is definitely a boy (proof is clearly in the picture), and he loves those walnuts, how about naming him "Wally"?

Eagle-eye Di said...

Hey thats a good start!Yehhhhhh.Any more ideas out there?

Mister Ed T said...

My suggestion is "Tom" because he is a peeping Tom poking his head out of the garbage can.

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

These pictures are so funny Dianne! I'll be thinking of a name. Jeannie has thought of a good one. Maybe one will come to me in a dream?

I'll let you know what I come up with.

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

I would call him, "Squeaks"

He looks like the master photographer, hair pulled back.
Could definately be the "ringleader" of the squirrels.

"Hey there, Squeaks, what'da ya say to that??"

Eagle-eye Di said...

What great name suggestions.Everyone has until sunday night midnight.Come monday morning the name and winner will be chosen and notified.