Sunrise -- Sunset
Sun sets on our present day, allowing our minds and bodies relaxation, renewal and rejuvenation with the rising of the sun the following morning.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Artic Blizzard Of 2007

Old man winter has made up for lost time in Grand Rapids.Dad's friend apparently lost track of his buried nuts under all this snow.He gladly accepted a cookie from my hand and devoured it within minutes.I haven't seen him come to the door since this but I believe he is the one who I have seen doing the high wire act out in front of the house.
RuthAnn and I took a few minutes to enjoy the bench swing,ending up with two wet butts.Oh how beautiful the snow is.It was so artic cold outdoors that it only took minutes before the cold had us scampering back into the house.
Snow blowers were pulled out of the garages several times during the weekend. Attempting the drive up to the corner store we met with snow covered roads and white out.The artic cold was no help to the snow plows that were releasing sand and salt to the roads to make them driveable.The news people were suggesting that people stay off the roads if at all possible.They were telling people if they had no choice in the matter to at least have a survival kit and blankets in case of emergency and not to leave their vehicle.There won't be any sun bathing on these recliners for quite a while.Three mornings in a row we would wake up to a fresh new mound of snow leaving it look as if we had never gotten our snowblower out.The snow was building up on the roof of our house so much that I at one point got our roof snow remover out.

Anyone for a ride?Everytime we went back into the house we would be all snow covered.
Chuck finally showed me how to use his snowblower and I enjoyed it for about 5 minutes before handing it back to him.As I began snowblowing I had decided I would show Chuck that I could do it without ending up all snow.I found out to my dismay that it wasn't in how he was turning the nozzle to send out the snow.There is no escape from becoming a snow bunny.I would turn the nozzle in the direction the wind was blowing and low and behold the snowblower would end up throwing snow back into your face.Now I know why he wears his face masks.I wore one and still walked back into the house with a red,frozen snow filled face.
What a beautiful winter wonderland!Now its time for all of it to melt and disappear so I can get my firepit out once more.Anyone want any of our snow?I will mail it Fed Ex.From our house to yours,goodnight.

2 comments:

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

What awsome snow pictures Dianne!!

I see you finally figured out how to get the pictures in. It turned out ok. Thank's for puttin up with the frustration of figuring how to work this new way of blogging.

Mister Ed T said...

The snow you can keep. We have plenty. But the show blower (complete with operator) you can send our way any time! Nice blog Di.