Sunrise -- Sunset
Sun sets on our present day, allowing our minds and bodies relaxation, renewal and rejuvenation with the rising of the sun the following morning.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Welcome Dad,Grandpa,Great PaPa.........


Dad arrived safe and sound on thursday after traveling a rough stretch of expressway harboring lake effect snow.Cars off into ditches,semi trailers sliding this way and that along what can be pretty bad when snow comes in.Lake effect snow produces white out conditions and very dangerous ,slippery conditions along 196 during the winter time.Lake Michigan produces such wonderful fun in the summer but come winter,old man winter shows its ugly head.I was too busy cleaning house for dad's arrival to even realize the traveling conditions over that direction.We didn't have it rough here so I never imagined he would be in such conditions.After hearing what he just drove through,I said a few thank-you's to our good Lord for keeping him safe coming through.A nice comfortable chair,a lap filled with great granddaughter holding onto Misty May and a nice big cup of hot java followed.Dad was here a couple of days before traveling up to Bud's in the UpperPeninsula.Of course he stopped into Aunt Mollie and Uncle Bert's along the way.As Dad was away Christmas preparations continued.This year was different in which I just couldn't seem to get total control of getting everything done early but alot later than I should have.It becomes hard in spirit of the season because my heart is thinking of mom and her time of passing from us.Sunday morning during worship service a song was introduced and suddenly my heart was in silent tears.As I quietly looked at Chuck with tears sliding down he knew without asking.I sat every evening with lights off in the house except for the beautiful Christmas tree lights being on,with Bill Gaither music on in quietness.This would be a very special Christmas having Dad with us for a short while.Dad only saw Annette and the girls a couple of times during his stay because they had sickness hit their family very hard.After he got back here from Bud's we chose an evening to have the girls over for celebrating with Grandpa and Bryan.Unfortunately they were all sick so it never worked out.We felt very sad but we also knew we didn't want Dad,Grandpa getting sick with what they all had.We celebrated and said our goodbye's to Dad as he drove on down to Tom and Nancy's in Kentucky for Christmas and New Year's Eve.Dad's wagon was well loaded down with walnut cuttings from south of here.Dad and I had fun going back and forth over to a corner south of here that is loaded with walnut trees.Last fall while he was here we would go and collect walnuts for his squirrel friend here at the house.As dad arrived I let him know that his squirrel friend had shown up within the last several days looking for him.Dad got this big smile on his face and said are you kidding me? Sure enough,I was soon to call dad to the window to show him his friend was watching the house.Dad one more time got a huge smile on his face and went out with a cookie in his hand.His squirrel friend came up and took it out of his hand gladly and stayed near by for the whole time Dad was here. The day Dad traveled up to Bud's the squirrel hung on the side of the telephone pole looking at the empty spot where Dad's car was missing with a look of question on his little face.Of course with all the feedings Dad has been giving him,he has gotten pretty plump.Dad's squirrel friend should probably go on a little diet.This time Dad decided to take Chuck's chainsaw and cut down a walnut tree for cuttings to go back to Larry in Montana.We called the phone number on the for sale sign on the corner to get permission and got down to business.I have pics but they are on my camera phone and I need to buy a cord to hook up to the computer to download the pics.I will try to do it soon.Anyway Dad drove away very loaded down with walnut cuttings for Larry.Dad would have good traction traveling back home in any snow storms he might encounter.

3 comments:

Eagle-eye Di said...

Love ya Jeannie.This pic of Dad and RuthAnn and Misty is a keeper.I will probably send it to Dad.

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

What a cute post Dianne. Thank's for sharing it with us. I really like that picture.

I'm glad to see you back in here. I'm very glad Dad made it ok with all his driving down there.

Love you!!

CML_Shearings said...

Your animal stories are so great. Thanks for sharing them. I especially enjoyed them because they included Ron, who I could just picture in the mouse & squirrel situations. He so loves animals & they seem to return the favor...except for mice. Your pictures were wonderful, too.