Oh no not again!The wrong timing right now with Dad arriving soon from Montana.I pulled out the toaster oven and found lots of evidence on the counter behind it.I pulled everything out from under our sink and found more definate evidence of a new infilterator.I began removing our bags of bread and buns that normally adorn the counter and wiped it clean then opened up the doors underneath the kitchen sink,pulled everything out and wiped down the floor area.Not a crumb would be found by our pesky rodent. Upon heading to bed for the evening,I left the small oven light on and placed our small step stool over along side the kitchen counter. I picked up Misty and talked very sternly to her about catching that there mouse as soon as possible.This procedure continued for several nights.Soon I noticed Misty didn't seem to be acting the same as she had been and the hunt seemed to have stopped.Did Misty get that infilterator?If she had I would have felt better seeing the carcass brought to me by our brave huntress and placed at my feet.I decided she must have gotten it because on morning I came out to a small amount of kitty throw up on the carpet.She must have had a late night snack.Dad arrived for a couple of days before heading up to Budd's for a short time with him .I decided nothing was needed to be said about my latest pest. No more evidence of our infilterator was found so I breathed a huge sigh of relief.Dad arrived back here for a few more days to help celebrate Christmas with us before his trip down to Kentucky.While Dad and I sat having something to eat,and were talking Dad asked me if I had noticed something over on my stove.His eyes had picked up something and asked what it could be. My heart immediately went into my throat.As my eyes went to the stove,there on the top where I put some coffee mugs was a little brown mouse glancing our way.He stayed there for only a few moments before darting back in the direction he had just come from.I then began to tell him of our infilterator and my hopes that Misty had captured him.It just happened I had placed a cherry pie to rest on the stove and the little infilterator had apparently smelled it.Did I have a mouse trap? Nope,those had been thrown away after I had broke one trying to catch a mouse a while back and the other was thrown in disgust.I had caught the other mice with the new and improved sticky traps.The next day I drove to the store to get a couple of spring traps that Dad was willing to set for me to catch that critter.Family Fare didn't have the spring traps so I picked up a couple of sticky traps to place in the kitchen.We chose to put one on the counter and the other in the middle of the stove burners.That evening dad and I walked into the living room to sit for awhile.Suddenly I heard something scratching around on the stove and I realized it must be the mouse.At least I sure had my fingers crossed.I walked around the corner and low and behold there was our mouse with one paw on the sticky pad doing the sticky trap drag.I yelled for dad to hurry into the kitchen and help me to get this mouse.It was trying desperately to get away from being held captive.He had wedged himself under the burner grate using it as a leverage to get free.Dad told me to get something quickly that he could bash this mouse in the head with.As I am hurriedly trying to figure what would be heavy enough to do the mouse in,dad said to forget it because the mouse had gotten free.Dad figured that mouse would more then likely not show back up again for a few hours or the next day.The next day we were going back to our walnut grove to bring back the rest of his walnut cuttings and stopped at the store.This time this store had the old fashioned spring traps.When we got home dad prepared the two mousetraps with some string cheese I had bought for the traps.I watched his expertise of setting them so that next time I might brave them again successfully.We placed one on the counter next to the toaster oven and the other one on the floor between the stove and refrigerator.Of course I suddenly realized Misty might end up getting snapped by the trap instead of our intended,so dad placed a cup in front of it so that Misty would not want to investigate this new found item.Once more dad and I went into the living room to sit down in preparation for our celebrating our Christmas with dad.It seemed to not take long before Bryan yelled from the kitchen.Hey,something just snapped out here.I jumped up and raced into the kitchen with my heart beating wildly.Could we have caught our infiltrator? Yes! There lay the mouse snapped down by the spring trap.I went racing back to the bathroom hammering on the door,yelling,Dad!We got our mouse,hurry up and get out here.I wanted dad to relieve me of our infilterator that was laying deader then a door nail on the spring trap.The bathroom door opened and out come dad.Thank goodness RuthAnn had already been put to bed in my bedroom for the night.Dad's face took on this big grin of success and he proceeded to pick up the trap and begin walking to the bathroom.Dad said he was going to flush the critter down the toilet.Oh but Dad!You'll clog the toilet then.Nope it wasn't going to clog the toilet,this was how we were going to get rid of it.I felt so thankful the mouse was caught.I walked out to the kitchen to put everything back to normal and found a little girl coming out to go downstairs.I looked at her and said honey you don't need to go downstairs to use the bathroom.Go back and use the main bathroom by the bedrooms.All of a sudden she went into tears and got this most awful look on her face.I asked her what was wrong and with tears rolling down her cheeks she said she could'nt use that bathroom cause there was a mouse in the toilet.Of all things she had layed there listening to what had taken place with the mouse.This could be a long winter.I think we need one more kitten to join Misty in her hunts.
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Another Mouse
One evening while sitting in my dining room,I noted that Misty seemed alittle anxious over in the kitchen.She seemed to dart nerveously between stove,refrigerator and counter quite swiftly.Of course with the kitchen being quite small it was very easy to take two steps between each place.My senses immediately were alerted to a possible new infilterator from the great outdoors.
Oh no not again!The wrong timing right now with Dad arriving soon from Montana.I pulled out the toaster oven and found lots of evidence on the counter behind it.I pulled everything out from under our sink and found more definate evidence of a new infilterator.I began removing our bags of bread and buns that normally adorn the counter and wiped it clean then opened up the doors underneath the kitchen sink,pulled everything out and wiped down the floor area.Not a crumb would be found by our pesky rodent. Upon heading to bed for the evening,I left the small oven light on and placed our small step stool over along side the kitchen counter. I picked up Misty and talked very sternly to her about catching that there mouse as soon as possible.This procedure continued for several nights.Soon I noticed Misty didn't seem to be acting the same as she had been and the hunt seemed to have stopped.Did Misty get that infilterator?If she had I would have felt better seeing the carcass brought to me by our brave huntress and placed at my feet.I decided she must have gotten it because on morning I came out to a small amount of kitty throw up on the carpet.She must have had a late night snack.Dad arrived for a couple of days before heading up to Budd's for a short time with him .I decided nothing was needed to be said about my latest pest. No more evidence of our infilterator was found so I breathed a huge sigh of relief.Dad arrived back here for a few more days to help celebrate Christmas with us before his trip down to Kentucky.While Dad and I sat having something to eat,and were talking Dad asked me if I had noticed something over on my stove.His eyes had picked up something and asked what it could be. My heart immediately went into my throat.As my eyes went to the stove,there on the top where I put some coffee mugs was a little brown mouse glancing our way.He stayed there for only a few moments before darting back in the direction he had just come from.I then began to tell him of our infilterator and my hopes that Misty had captured him.It just happened I had placed a cherry pie to rest on the stove and the little infilterator had apparently smelled it.Did I have a mouse trap? Nope,those had been thrown away after I had broke one trying to catch a mouse a while back and the other was thrown in disgust.I had caught the other mice with the new and improved sticky traps.The next day I drove to the store to get a couple of spring traps that Dad was willing to set for me to catch that critter.Family Fare didn't have the spring traps so I picked up a couple of sticky traps to place in the kitchen.We chose to put one on the counter and the other in the middle of the stove burners.That evening dad and I walked into the living room to sit for awhile.Suddenly I heard something scratching around on the stove and I realized it must be the mouse.At least I sure had my fingers crossed.I walked around the corner and low and behold there was our mouse with one paw on the sticky pad doing the sticky trap drag.I yelled for dad to hurry into the kitchen and help me to get this mouse.It was trying desperately to get away from being held captive.He had wedged himself under the burner grate using it as a leverage to get free.Dad told me to get something quickly that he could bash this mouse in the head with.As I am hurriedly trying to figure what would be heavy enough to do the mouse in,dad said to forget it because the mouse had gotten free.Dad figured that mouse would more then likely not show back up again for a few hours or the next day.The next day we were going back to our walnut grove to bring back the rest of his walnut cuttings and stopped at the store.This time this store had the old fashioned spring traps.When we got home dad prepared the two mousetraps with some string cheese I had bought for the traps.I watched his expertise of setting them so that next time I might brave them again successfully.We placed one on the counter next to the toaster oven and the other one on the floor between the stove and refrigerator.Of course I suddenly realized Misty might end up getting snapped by the trap instead of our intended,so dad placed a cup in front of it so that Misty would not want to investigate this new found item.Once more dad and I went into the living room to sit down in preparation for our celebrating our Christmas with dad.It seemed to not take long before Bryan yelled from the kitchen.Hey,something just snapped out here.I jumped up and raced into the kitchen with my heart beating wildly.Could we have caught our infiltrator? Yes! There lay the mouse snapped down by the spring trap.I went racing back to the bathroom hammering on the door,yelling,Dad!We got our mouse,hurry up and get out here.I wanted dad to relieve me of our infilterator that was laying deader then a door nail on the spring trap.The bathroom door opened and out come dad.Thank goodness RuthAnn had already been put to bed in my bedroom for the night.Dad's face took on this big grin of success and he proceeded to pick up the trap and begin walking to the bathroom.Dad said he was going to flush the critter down the toilet.Oh but Dad!You'll clog the toilet then.Nope it wasn't going to clog the toilet,this was how we were going to get rid of it.I felt so thankful the mouse was caught.I walked out to the kitchen to put everything back to normal and found a little girl coming out to go downstairs.I looked at her and said honey you don't need to go downstairs to use the bathroom.Go back and use the main bathroom by the bedrooms.All of a sudden she went into tears and got this most awful look on her face.I asked her what was wrong and with tears rolling down her cheeks she said she could'nt use that bathroom cause there was a mouse in the toilet.Of all things she had layed there listening to what had taken place with the mouse.This could be a long winter.I think we need one more kitten to join Misty in her hunts.
Oh no not again!The wrong timing right now with Dad arriving soon from Montana.I pulled out the toaster oven and found lots of evidence on the counter behind it.I pulled everything out from under our sink and found more definate evidence of a new infilterator.I began removing our bags of bread and buns that normally adorn the counter and wiped it clean then opened up the doors underneath the kitchen sink,pulled everything out and wiped down the floor area.Not a crumb would be found by our pesky rodent. Upon heading to bed for the evening,I left the small oven light on and placed our small step stool over along side the kitchen counter. I picked up Misty and talked very sternly to her about catching that there mouse as soon as possible.This procedure continued for several nights.Soon I noticed Misty didn't seem to be acting the same as she had been and the hunt seemed to have stopped.Did Misty get that infilterator?If she had I would have felt better seeing the carcass brought to me by our brave huntress and placed at my feet.I decided she must have gotten it because on morning I came out to a small amount of kitty throw up on the carpet.She must have had a late night snack.Dad arrived for a couple of days before heading up to Budd's for a short time with him .I decided nothing was needed to be said about my latest pest. No more evidence of our infilterator was found so I breathed a huge sigh of relief.Dad arrived back here for a few more days to help celebrate Christmas with us before his trip down to Kentucky.While Dad and I sat having something to eat,and were talking Dad asked me if I had noticed something over on my stove.His eyes had picked up something and asked what it could be. My heart immediately went into my throat.As my eyes went to the stove,there on the top where I put some coffee mugs was a little brown mouse glancing our way.He stayed there for only a few moments before darting back in the direction he had just come from.I then began to tell him of our infilterator and my hopes that Misty had captured him.It just happened I had placed a cherry pie to rest on the stove and the little infilterator had apparently smelled it.Did I have a mouse trap? Nope,those had been thrown away after I had broke one trying to catch a mouse a while back and the other was thrown in disgust.I had caught the other mice with the new and improved sticky traps.The next day I drove to the store to get a couple of spring traps that Dad was willing to set for me to catch that critter.Family Fare didn't have the spring traps so I picked up a couple of sticky traps to place in the kitchen.We chose to put one on the counter and the other in the middle of the stove burners.That evening dad and I walked into the living room to sit for awhile.Suddenly I heard something scratching around on the stove and I realized it must be the mouse.At least I sure had my fingers crossed.I walked around the corner and low and behold there was our mouse with one paw on the sticky pad doing the sticky trap drag.I yelled for dad to hurry into the kitchen and help me to get this mouse.It was trying desperately to get away from being held captive.He had wedged himself under the burner grate using it as a leverage to get free.Dad told me to get something quickly that he could bash this mouse in the head with.As I am hurriedly trying to figure what would be heavy enough to do the mouse in,dad said to forget it because the mouse had gotten free.Dad figured that mouse would more then likely not show back up again for a few hours or the next day.The next day we were going back to our walnut grove to bring back the rest of his walnut cuttings and stopped at the store.This time this store had the old fashioned spring traps.When we got home dad prepared the two mousetraps with some string cheese I had bought for the traps.I watched his expertise of setting them so that next time I might brave them again successfully.We placed one on the counter next to the toaster oven and the other one on the floor between the stove and refrigerator.Of course I suddenly realized Misty might end up getting snapped by the trap instead of our intended,so dad placed a cup in front of it so that Misty would not want to investigate this new found item.Once more dad and I went into the living room to sit down in preparation for our celebrating our Christmas with dad.It seemed to not take long before Bryan yelled from the kitchen.Hey,something just snapped out here.I jumped up and raced into the kitchen with my heart beating wildly.Could we have caught our infiltrator? Yes! There lay the mouse snapped down by the spring trap.I went racing back to the bathroom hammering on the door,yelling,Dad!We got our mouse,hurry up and get out here.I wanted dad to relieve me of our infilterator that was laying deader then a door nail on the spring trap.The bathroom door opened and out come dad.Thank goodness RuthAnn had already been put to bed in my bedroom for the night.Dad's face took on this big grin of success and he proceeded to pick up the trap and begin walking to the bathroom.Dad said he was going to flush the critter down the toilet.Oh but Dad!You'll clog the toilet then.Nope it wasn't going to clog the toilet,this was how we were going to get rid of it.I felt so thankful the mouse was caught.I walked out to the kitchen to put everything back to normal and found a little girl coming out to go downstairs.I looked at her and said honey you don't need to go downstairs to use the bathroom.Go back and use the main bathroom by the bedrooms.All of a sudden she went into tears and got this most awful look on her face.I asked her what was wrong and with tears rolling down her cheeks she said she could'nt use that bathroom cause there was a mouse in the toilet.Of all things she had layed there listening to what had taken place with the mouse.This could be a long winter.I think we need one more kitten to join Misty in her hunts.

2 comments:
Glad you got the intruder. We got one in the garage when Sue and Brian and kids were here in Sept.
Great story. Has all the elements: villan, damsel in distress, failed attempts, initial defeat, hero (way to go Dad), and final climatic victroy. Now all you need is a little romance and you're ready for the big times.
What a funny story Dianne! I sat her laughing and was gonna quick comment, when I noticed Jeannie had said exactly the same thing I was gonna say. That's really funny Dianne! I'm glad Dad was there to help snatch that critter and flush him down that toilet.
One piece of advice?? Try whispering your laughter and mayhem next time. That's funny.
Post a Comment