Sunrise -- Sunset
Sun sets on our present day, allowing our minds and bodies relaxation, renewal and rejuvenation with the rising of the sun the following morning.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Awana Comes To A Close

Hannah walks over to receive her award for getting through her book.
Sarah takes her turn walking over to receive her award for getting through her book.
RuthAnn stands with her over cubbie friends and examines her certificate for coming to Awana and learning verses in her book.She didn't get through it this year.Next year she will pick up where she left off and attempt to get through her book and maybe be able to begin another one.
Flag time with Sarah and Hannah's group begins with proud family members watching.
Car racing time began in the first part of the evening.RuthAnn enjoyed being able to pick out a matchbox car,getting down and pushing alittle button to see how far it would fly.
By now you all know everything is backwards in order.Sarah goes up to receive her trophy for receiving second place.Her and another boy had to race 4 times before a winner was announced for first place.
Sarah enjoying seeing how fast her car can get down the track.
Hannah had lots of fun cheering her car down the track also.Her and Sarah's cars do well every year in the runnings.They both have cars that have places in first or second in the last few years.

The girls all enjoyed their time in Awana and did a fantastic job learning their verses in their books.RuthAnn didn't get through her book but will attempt to finish next year.Unfortunately next year Sarah and Hannah will be doing Awana at Sparta Baptist Church.They made the decision about a month ago to make their change of churches to one in their home town of Sparta.The high cost of gas has kicked everyone alittle bit.Annette sang my special song,If That Isn't Love,the last sunday of their attendance and then we went out to eat afterwards.She has gone to Woodward Avenue Baptist since she was six months old.It has not been quite the same for me but I am happy for their family in following their hearts in what is really needed to do.They will be a blessing to people at their new church and they will find many new friends in their new church.Chuck and I will be visiting maybe once a month at their church in Sparta.It looks like we might just meet a few new friends also.Annette and Earl have already decided they may start up a time at their place with couples meeting around a bonfire now and then after church sunday evenings.They could call it their Bonfire Couples Ministry.Annette and Earl have loved becoming part of their small town community.They are very thankful for the Lord giving them acreage and a home on it to enjoy.

7 comments:

Eagle-eye Di said...

HiJeannie.Wow you must be on here at this same time I am trying to un mix my puzzle of pictures with the wrong sayings.

Eagle-eye Di said...

It was hard on Annette and Earl also.They have been such a part of different people's lives.Young people's leaders,Earl played the drums and she sang special music for the services and wedding and funeral services.

Eagle-eye Di said...

I thought I had it all thought out.I had sat her for quite a while making sure it was right.Go Figure.

Eagle-eye Di said...

Actually I almost decided to say to everyone to do the puzzle and the first one done would get a prize.I decided to it was less work to switch the sayings then the pictures.Thanks,I may need your help later.I am attempting to do it the way you showed me and so I am still learning.

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Thank you so much Dianne, for posting and writing all this stuff. I love it!! I miss working with the Awana group. It is a really "good" thing in these kids lives. I'm so glad you shared with the rest of us. Love you! Please give all those girls big hugs for me.

Mister Ed T said...

Your grabdkdis are getting an awesone heirtage! AWANA was fun when we did it. I really enjoyed AWANA Grand Prix. This winter we did a Kids Club here, similar but different. We have our closing program at church tomorrow and a swim night on Tuesday.

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Hi Dianne
Such a cute pic of little Ruth Ann examining her certificate!

We've had a bit of difficulty sorting out the who's who of your grandchildren. It was the caption under Hannah's baptism picture that scrambled us for a moment but I think we've figured it out. Her "2nd birthday" was actually her "born again birthday" -- really, she's 10 years old. Kinza and I were actually trying to figure it out -- Kinza was interested to see that Hannah was being baptized. For some reason, (which I can't say I agree with) our Pastor doesn't baptize children before age 12. (Kinza is 11 now).

We also got a real kick out of the kitty watching TV -- but such a sad story following that kitty! Hopefully another one will come along with a lovely disposition for you and Ruth Ann. There's nothing so comforting as the rumbling purr from a soft, warm lap-kitty!