A couple of days ago Linus was laying next to me as I was watching tv.He was laying there looking cold so I decided to help him feel snug and warm.So I snugged the blanket up around him and went back to watching the program that was on.In the next moment I heard his teeth take hold of the blanket to uncover himself and he got up to walk down to the end of the bed only to perch there to watch tv also.I had apparently placed the blanket around him wrong and he no longer could see the tv.We do alot of cuddling in blankets this winter because of keeping the heat down.I go between 64 and 66 depending on the hour of the day.Some days we almost need to walk out doors and come back in to be thankful of how warm we have it.
Linus has begun a three week medication program as of last Thursday.He has three different eye drops and I have doubled up his LLysin dosage.Two of the eye drop medicines he takes four times daily and the other eye drop which is his antibiotic twice a day.Vickie's Pet Connection is covering the medical cost to all of it.I talked to Linus's vet after she had talked to the optomoligist and he confirmed Linus has a cronid herpies condition.I was told the one eye drop alone was over a hundred dollars ,so I told the vet,he was a closed book.I proceeded to call Vickie's Pet Connection and left a message on her phone as to what we have dealt with since getting him.I asked if we could bring Linus in and choose another kitty.When she called me back I told her we couldn't afford the high cost the medications would bring.I told her I had been praying for a miracle for the last couple of days because I love him already and didn't want to lose him.She told me they might be able to cover the cost of the medication if I was willing to go through the treatment time with him.I told her yes I would and gave her the vets name and phone number.Within a short while she called me back and said they we're willing to pay for the first treatment program and would hope that it would be enough to kick what is happening out of his system.She assured me they wouldn't be able to keep helping for the rest of his cat life if more flare ups came.I got off the phone and starting thinking alittle more about more possible flare ups coming and that it would be just as expensive.I decided to call her back but her phone line kept being busy.Finally I connected with her and told her I had got to thinking that I should have told her I needed to talk to my husband first and realized it wasn't neccessarily fare to Vickie's Pet Connection to put all that money into medication when we might need to put him down if it didn't work.She assured me she wouldn't feel good about it unless they tried.She said she realized we might need to talk again in six weeks and that to be brutly honest yes they would need to put him down then.She said lets wait and see what the medication does for him and take it from there.Needless to say,when I talked to Chuck later that evening he wasn't happy that I didn't have her put down because of the emotional haul I am in for.Continue to pray for Linus as he goes through the medication program.

1 comment:
Keep us posted on how your little kitten is doing Dianne. I love you. That kitten has become very special to you, in a very short time of having it. We will keep kitten and family in our prayers. Maybe start introducing a few "carrots" into kittens diet. Carrots are good for the eyes! And the stomach!
Post a Comment