Sunrise -- Sunset
Sun sets on our present day, allowing our minds and bodies relaxation, renewal and rejuvenation with the rising of the sun the following morning.

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

As the mind goes blank

Ever have those times when nothing works? Frustration gets you down? A Grandma being a Mother to a Granddaughter at this time of life? A blind son feeling flustered cause his daughter won't cooperate with him,no mom,but a grandmother trying to do what she believes the Lord would have her do. A long time ago as I lay in the hospital bed being told of the eye problems of my beautiful baby, and later as I learned of the added disease which had been there but now surfaced in appearance had taken on a name. He now is also Diabetic to add to the list. My precious first born, that anticipated perfect child,what happened? Did I do something wrong? His daughter,now with his dreaded disease,pray for her.Taking her to all of her MRI's have only brought back heart wrenching memories of the first five years of Dan's life with me getting in the car with my son, by myself going to Ann Arbor University Hospital for eye surgeries. Mom Smith was very special to Dan because she was there and went with me to many hospital times. One in particular when as the doctor left the room, she heard an awful heart wrenching cry come from my whole being as I finally felt I could no longer let it stay inside of me. I looked at mom with those heart wreching tears flowing down my cheeks and couldn't say a word. There to this day is a very real specialness between Dan and his Grandma which was very hard on the day of her leaving us and him not being able to be there to say goodby. With the help of my cell phone he was able to say goodby as I dialed the phone and had him talk to her through the mouth piece being held to her ear.I pray that mom heard him and knew he loved her even though he wasn't there. My kids weren't able to be there but their hearts were.Mom and Dad we love you.

12 comments:

Jeanette said...

Hi Eagle-eye Di! Thanks for posting a comment on my site, Rocky Mountain Blue. You have blessed me, too. Tears were running down my face by the time I finished reading your message, but at the same time I felt so grateful that in some way God is able to use what has happened to us to encourage others. You are right--life is hard, but God is good.

PS: I love the pictures on your site. Did you take them? They are truly beautiful.

Eagle-eye Di said...

Hi Jeannette,
Yes I did take those pictures,thanks.When I sat here reading your story tears flowed with no stopping them.I sat here reading the story to my blind son and almost couldn't finish.Suddenly my heart raced back in time as I sat in that hospital room and my heart ached for you and your time of heartache.Thank-you for accepting my comment even though you don't know me.My blind son is living with us for awhile,as we have had custody of his daughter RuthAnn.We drove out to Colorado to get her as she was four and ahalf months old to bring back here with us.She is now two and ahalf and will be in our custody until he deems the court feels its safe for him,a blind man to have his daughter in his care.His now ex wife still hasn't seen her daughter since June 2.

Mister Ed T said...

Yes Di, we comfort one another with the comfort we have received from Christ through His Word, His Spirit, and especially His people. See II Corinthians, chapter 1. Dan is special to us too! We love him dearly. The same comfort applies as we reflect on Mom's passing to glory a yerar ago. Yes she knows Danny lover her!

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Thank's Dianne for sharing your heart with us. I know that tears were flowing down your cheeks as you were sharing everything. I feel bad that I was away at that time and was not able to be there for you and Danny. I am very thankful mom was there. I know how much she loved Danny. And I know how hard it was for Danny to not be able to be there in Montana. I know it was very hard for all the grandkids to not be there, who couldn't. I would like to hear you share more about your time with Danny when he was little, and the struggles you went thru. As well as little Ruthie's story. Please open up and share as you are able to. I love you very much.

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

My oh My, your comment box exploded! (hee hee) That's ok eagle eye, I can handle being "deleted". It was "not my fault, I say, not my fault". The computer did it! "Dis Wascally Wabbit" was so busy eating carrots, she didn't even see this box jump 3 times. (hee hee) How's the bear hunting going, "eagle eye"? Got any bear yet, or just a bunch of cute wascally wabbits? Hope you got lots of carrots, you'll need them.

Eagle-eye Di said...

I found a Kentucky huggable bear and one Kentucky Red Squirrel.Have enjoyed my bear hunt which netted the Kentucky Red Squirrel.Now that Kentucky Red Squirrel needs nots of nuts for the winter so that ole Kentucky Huggable Bear will need to start searching down by the carrot patch under the trees.One large pile of nuts,carrots and vitamins needed right away.Trees start your engines.

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

I'll forgive you for hunting bear without me, that is if you take me with you next time. I hear those Kentucky Hills have lots of bear, and Red Squirells, and Wabbits. Give that huggable Kentucky Bear a hug for "dis wascally wabbit". Eagle Eye, you gotta stay away from bear stew this time tho. This "Kentucky Bear" don't go in any pot of stew! That is unless Red Squirrel, Wascally Wabbit, Eagle Eye, and Rascal Jack are all in it together. Dis wascal wabbit is alittle cold right now, maybe a little warming would be good. But I don't think you have a pot big enough, and of course now, we need a ton a nuts along with the carrots. Could we make sure the carrots get cooked good, "dis wascally wabbit has a pretty darn sore tooth right now".

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

I'll forgive you for hunting bear without me, that is if you take me with you next time. I hear those Kentucky Hills have lots of bear, and Red Squirells, and Wabbits. Give that huggable Kentucky Bear a hug for "dis wascally wabbit". Eagle Eye, you gotta stay away from bear stew this time tho. This "Kentucky Bear" don't go in any pot of stew! That is unless Red Squirrel, Wascally Wabbit, Eagle Eye, and Rascal Jack are all in it together. Dis wascal wabbit is alittle cold right now, maybe a little warming would be good. But I don't think you have a pot big enough, and of course now, we need a ton a nuts along with the carrots. Could we make sure the carrots get cooked good, "dis wascally wabbit has a pretty darn sore tooth right now".

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Oops, I tell you I'm innocent, I say, innocent. Dis darn old box did it's own thing again. I don't know if I can handle being "deleted" twice in one day. I'll close my eyes, just go ahead and do it. I'll bet the "Squirrel" did it. Yep, that's it, the "Squirrel" did it. Been eating too many nuts, gone alittle nutty (hee hee)

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Hi Eagle-Eye! Just wanted to let you know that I snuck a picture of yours onto my work blog: http://FirmlyLinked.blogspot.com . It sure pretties up a rather dull page! Thanks a lot! -- I've got my eye on a couple more ... hope ya don't mind!