Sunrise -- Sunset
Sun sets on our present day, allowing our minds and bodies relaxation, renewal and rejuvenation with the rising of the sun the following morning.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Homecoming Visit Of Bill and Gloria Gaither

Ernie Haase Signature Sound.Their table had three of their group standing there helping sell and sign autographs.This group has become Chuck's favorite group I do believe.
Ben Speer was behind his table doing the same.
Jeff Easter was the first one to get a picture taken with Chuck.He was also behind his table.I had forgotten to take my camera with me so I just quickly took my new cell,camera phone out of my trusty purse and prayed for a few good pictures.The few pictures I took will be enjoyed treasures for us.They will you guessed it,go up on the wall in picture frames.


I used to tell friends that the one high point of each year was the Gordon Food Service Christmas Party in December.I have since changed my opinion to the two high points of each year which now include the blessed event of Bill and Gloria Gaither coming in May.The most wonderful time of all for them to perform is the day before Mother's Day.It is such a heart warming,spiritually uplifting time for Chuck and I to attend.I excitedly buy our tickets and then wait for that wonderful moment when we are actually getting ready to make our drive downtown to the VanAndel Arena.

The Arena began filling up to capacity within no time with sisters and brothers in Christ,and those who came along with them to hear them.Everyone anxiously awaiting the concert with faces brimming with smiles.Arming themselves with hotdogs,ice cold beverages,brats,deluxe nachos ect.they walked in to find their ticket bought seats.Such electricity within the concert arena,you could just feel yourself being lifted up to that moment when the music would begin and the concert friends would walk out on that stage.

My post has gone backwards for me but I shall not be discouraged in the moment.There is a reason and a purpose for everything that happens I find myself telling myself and others quite a bit lately.I could just reason its too early in the morning for me to do this or I haven't had my cup of piping hot java yet.Of course it is sitting right next to me probably cold by now.

We have decided to wait for their concert to be here to buy their dvds and cds because they are more reasonable in price.So that is just what we did.Ouch just the same.Gloria has just written a book called Something Beautiful and it was sitting on their table.It is compiled of the stories and pictures behind a half-century of the songs that Bill and Gloria Gaither have written and have sung.We definately wanted this book so we walked over to their table as she was sitting their giving autographs to those wanting them.I gave her a great big hug and told her how much we loved her and thank-you.

The different ones performing were:Bill and Gloria Gaither,Jessie Dixon,Ernie Haas Signature Sound,my favorite Guy Penrod,Lynda Randle Jeff and Sheri Easter,Ben Speer,Gordon Mote,Joy Gardner,Ivan Parker and the Gaither Vocal Band.

We walked away that night feeling so filled up with warmth.We proceeded over to Dennys to get some yummy desert and talked about our enjoyed evening.Colleen had highly recommended a couple of dvds which I did pick up along with a few others.I have watched them Colleen and also highly recommend them.They are Bill Gaither Remembers Homecoming Heroes and Bill Gaither Remembers Old Friends.These two dvds go right along with each other.If you buy one you also need the other.

We now are home anticipating the upcoming next year's arrival of The Bill Gaither Concert.Next time I will remember my camera.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how much you enjoyed that concert, because I know how much we also enjoy it every year! Yes, it's also one of our annual highlights!

Anonymous said...

I'm only a little envious. Oh, well our turn will come again some time. We had Tim Lovelace and the Easters up here last summer.

strider1971 said...

sound like you all had a ball as I know you did.

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

That is awsome Dianne. Thank's for posting all those pictures and stuff. I watched the one DVD of the HomeComing Heros so many times that Ed figured I was gonna wear it out.

CML_Shearings said...

How fortunate you are! Louis & I heard the Gaithers in person only once many years ago when we lived in the Denver area.