
It Was A One Eyed,One Horned Flying Purple People Eater....
Well I saw the thing comin' out of the sky
It had the one long horn, one big eye.
I commenced to shakin' and I said "ooh-
eee"
It looks like a purple people eater to me.
It was a one-eyed, one-horned,flyin'
purple people eater.
(one-eyed,one-horned,flyin' purple
people eater)
A one-eyed one-horned,flyin' purple
people eater
Sure looks strange to me. ( one eye?)
Well he came down to earth and lit in a
tree
I said Mr. Purple People Eater don't eat me
I heard him say in a voice so gruff
I wouldn't eat you cuz you're so tough
It was a one-eyed, one-horned flyin' purple
people eater
one-eyed, one-horned flyin'purple people
eater
one-eyed, one-horned flyin' purple people
eater
Sure looks strange to me. ( one horn?)
I said Mr. Purple People Eater, what's your
line
He said it's eatin' purple people and it sure
is fine
But that's not the reason that I came to
land
I wanna get a job in a rock and roll band
Well bless my soul, rock and roll, flying
purple
people eater. Pidgeon-toed, undergrowed,
flyin'
purple people eater ( we wear short shorts)
Flyin' purple people eater
sure looks strange to me.
And then he swung from the tree and lit on
the
ground. He started to rock, really rockin'
around
It was a crazy little ditty with a swingin'
tune
(sing aboop boop aboopa lopa lum bam
boom)
Well, bless my soul, rock and roll
flyin' purple people eater.
Pigeon-toed, undergrowed, flyin' purple
people eater.
Flyin' little people eater
Sure looks strange to me. (purple people?)
And then he went on his way, and then
what do
you know. I saw him last night on a TV
show.
He was blowing it out, a'really knockin'
em dead
Playin' rock and roll music through the
horn in
his head ( clarinet solo) (Tequila)
Well I don't believe one was spotted Holloween night but there sure were alot of other creepy sightings out walking the streets for the night.Annette has a new full time job from 3 to 12 midnight over in Ada every night so Chuck had traveled up to pick the girls up and bring them back to grandma and grandpa's house.Earl who works just south of us stopped at the house to pick his girls up to take them for burgers and trick or treating over in our old neighborhood.Bryan had come over excitedly to take RuthAnn out trick or treating also in the old neighborhood.They like going over there because they are nice long streets of house to house to house to house.I stayed at our place to hand out candy to all those who braved knocking on our door.Our dining table was well equipped with a black,spooky holloween tablecloth,carmel apples,apple cider,orange and white frosted cupcakes,chips,hotdogs and one very large black caldrun full of candy.From inside our one time a year haunted house came sounds of people people eaters,monsters mash and a few more eerie tunes.Back in the old neighborhood RuthAnn was happily yelling trick or treat as she would venture into yet another strange yard pulling Uncle Bryan behind her.As she would lift up her pink,plastic pumkin, her face would immediately break into one big happy grin.A few hours later Earl with his girls came back to the house and so did RuthAnn with Papa(grandpa) and Bryan.Each of the girls would begin emptying their pumkin holder and pillow cases of loot onto the floor for inspection.What fun the kids have on this night right along with those of us who like to become kids again also.They all came into the house pretty cold.I was going to sit out at the fire pit to hand out candy but it was very cold this night.The night before was so beautiful Chuck and I had been outdoors doing leaves while the firepit blazed.

3 comments:
I always wondered what the purple people eater looked like. Now I know! I remember that song well. Quite popular for a while when we were, ah, young and foolish. Glad the kids had fun trick or treating.
The Purple People Eater was the #1 song for 6 weeks in 1958 and the #24 song of the 1955-1959 rock era.It sold over 3 million records and received a Gold Record within 3 weeks after it was released.And over 100 million Copies Overall!!!
Yep they had fun out there in their costumes getting candy.Bryan of course was enjoying RuthAnn's haul also.I think thats alot of his motivation.Maybe not.
Yea!!! Fun - Fun - Fun!!
I love the pictures, and love the song!!
(when we were, ah, young and foolish??) Silly guy!! Who said we ever grew up?? Speak for yourself Edward!! Silly!
Post a Comment