
Wednesday morning at 2:00am our tired bodies were rising up to get ourselves into the car for Dan's upcoming surgery.Needless to say we were not able to get to bed as early as I had wanted to.Bryan came over to the house while I was on the computer trying to hook up a hotel for our night stay in Chicago.He came downstairs with the news CJ his and Sam's dog had one more time gotten off his chain and had taken off.He was weary and frustrated because of it and asked me to please come and help him in his search.The computer went to the wayside while I tried to come up with a picture of CJ to show the Humane Society and the Animal Shelter.Needless to say I was unsuccessful in doing so because our computer had shut down and was not cooperating.Off we went in our search.To the Animal Shelter we went first and he wasn't there.We came home to call the Humane Society for their hours of business hours because it was a ways out.Yes they would still be open for us to get out there.We arrived and as he was trying to explain what he looked like a dog began to bark loudly.As his loud barking kept up a loud whinning began in which we immediately recognized it to be our fugitive,trip ended up successful.By the time I got home from this, Chuck had arrived from work.As Chuck proceeded to get the computer up in running I made sure RuthAnn had what was needed to go up to Sparta for a couple of days with Annette and Earl.On our way McDonnald's was stopped at for food to be ate in the car to make up time.While at their place I sat at their computer trying to come up with a hotel that was close by the hospital,that also had a pool.I ended up frustrated with my search because hotels we're very costly even without a pool.When we got back home I immediately sat back down at the computer.Hotel search began again.We ended up scraping the idea of a pool and settled with the Ramada Inn along side hwy 41 which runns along side Lake Michigan and only about 5 minutes from the hospital.It was a older hotel but was acceptable.Unfortunately we would have to get in the car to get over to the lake by fighting heavy traffic.We we're in the car by 3:00am to begin our journey to Chicago.We arrived there in decent time and sat down in the family surgical waiting room for Dan to be called upstairs where he would get prepared for surgery.While we waited I could have fallen asleep sitting up very easily so when it came to head up with him I asked Chuck to go with him so that I could lay down on the couch to catch some z's.We were told only one person could go up with them to where they would be preped.He began surgery at 8:30am and was done at 11:30am Chicago time.Surgery went very well except for the fact his blood surger was high.We felt better about that when the doctor told us its only when its low that it can become a dangerous situation.After awhile in recovery and him being delivered to his room,we we're told we could go up to see him.We we're amazed at how perky he was after just coming out of another surgery.Chuck and I sat down on each side of his bed to visit with him for a short before taking our leave so that he could rest.Without Dan knowing it Chuck and I we're sitting their falling asleep sitting our chairs.I let Dan know that we we're looking like to dead bunnies who needed a bed desperately.Dan surprised us with letting us know he felt fine and that he wanted to have us stay around and visit with awhile.He checked his watch and let us know we could leave at 3:00 and no sooner.The other two surgeries we're much different than this one.He was really out of it and needed not to be visiting with anyone.Surprise,Surprise.We took our leave when the time came and proceeded to find our way to the hotel.We didn't bother with the lake shore because of the traffic,we rested up for awhile and then took a walk to investigate the surrounding area.We picked up a few groceries at the grocery store and began our walk back to the hotel.It felt wonderful to stretch our bodies out on the bed and turn in early for the nite.Dan was released from the hospital by 11:00am.Wow what a difference this time was.We got back to our house,dropped off Dan,our luggage and went up to pick RuthAnn up from Annette's.Friday we travel back to Chicago to get out stitches that can come out.Next month he will return for a followup and it will include RuthAnn getting a infusion catscan.I will wait to have a picture of Dan until at least next month when he should be doing better.He has just started leaving his sock off his head today.He just needs ointment applied three times daily.Thank-you for all your prayers on his behalf.

7 comments:
I like these pictures of "yesteryear". They are very important pictures. Keep em comin!
Wow! Quite a trip for you all. Thank's Dianne for letting us know how everything went. I was really hoping you would share it with us when you got a chance. I love you all, and am very thankful things went well, and the trip back and forth went well, and uneventful.
Am also thankful the "fugitive" was happy to have you arrive and "spring" him out of captivity.
Thanks for all the details! But the sock on Dan's head? Is he planning on robbing a bank?!!!!
I know, I know, it has to do with the surgery.
Hope the recovery and next weeks trip goes as smoothly, but without any dog hunting involved! Now catch up on your sleep.
hey mom good story. glad you posted it
Hey Ed,we go back to Chicago tomorrrow morning again not next week.Love ya.Ya that sock on Dan's head was pretty funny while he wore it.I really should have let you all in on it with us.Sorry about that.The fugitive was thrilled to see us come pick him up but my caddy sure ended up with fur everywhere.
Love you Dianne!
Keep us updated!
What a great photo. I remember those little cousins of mine!
Glad to hear the surgery went well.
Post a Comment