Sunrise -- Sunset
Sun sets on our present day, allowing our minds and bodies relaxation, renewal and rejuvenation with the rising of the sun the following morning.

Friday, September 19, 2008


The Rose



Some say love, it is a river

That drowns the tender reed

Some say love, it is a razor

That leaves your soul to bleed

Some say love, it is a hunger

An endless aching need

I say love, it is a flower

And you it's only seed.


It's the heart, afraid of breaking

That never learns to dance

It's the dream, afraid of waking

That never takes a chance

It's the one who won't be taken

Who cannot seem to give

And the soul, afraid of dying'

That never learns to live


When the night has been too lonely

And the road has been too long

And you think that love is only

For the lucky and the strong

Just remember in the winter

Far beneath the bitter snows

Lies the seed, that with the sun's love

In the spring becomes the rose


Bette Midler


picture by Dianne Strube







3 comments:

Mister Ed T said...

Nice Rose! In your garden?

How's the new garage coming along?

Eagle-eye Di said...

The rose sits in our front yard in front of our big kitchen window and next to the deck.This has been the best year for my rose bush.It has done so poorly in the past that I was going to have it pulled out and replaced.Go figure!Like Jean's post awhile back when they were wondering about pulling the plug on a couple of bushes that weren't doing so hot.You just never know what the following two seasons will bring.The garage is coming along nicely.My next post will picture the progress done.

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

What a beautiful rose!!

I love your post Dianne

Sorry I haven't been in here enough

I love you! Love the picture!!