



Sunday was a very special day for Dan and myself.Twice a year we have the Three Fire Pow Wow come to RiverSide Park with their dances and special recognition time for different individuals.We all went to church as we normally do and afterwards stopped to pick up McDonalds for RuthAnn and Dan.We dropped them off and scurried off to a graduation open house for one of the special graduates from our church.Upon getting home,Chuck went in the house and Dan came out to the car to join me for a ride down to RiverSide Park.I have always felt a special pull toward the indian culture and parafamilia that they bring to our city.I believe it is probably because of Uncle Dell having been full blooded indian on Dad's side of our family.We only had maybe three hours left by the time we arrived there and enjoyed every bit of it.At one point Sandy Veldkamp,a good friend of mine showed up to sit with us.She had called the house inquiring of my whereabouts in which Chuck told her where she could find us.Unfortunately she got there to late to join me in the inner circle tribal dance ceremony where they invite those wanting to come out and dance with them to do that.I had sat there remembering when Dan and Jennifer had went with me to the ceremony,Jen and I went out to join in the inner circle dance.I had sat there wishing there had been someone to join me for the special dance but wasn't anywhere to be had.We discussed doing it the next time they came to town it it is at all possible.I bought her and myself a black and white feather to put in our hair at the end of the dances from one of the parafamilia booths.Dan and I enjoy walking around looking at what all the little booths have and normally buy an indian taco and a pop.It is always a special time to be had.This time the weather worked out well for the occasion.We have gone to some in the stifling heat and I remember one other time it was threatening tornado weather.Anyway we enjoyed the time we had.If anyone ever comes when they are here we will make that one of the special things to do.

1 comment:
Cool!! Thank's for posting your pictures Dianne. It sounds like your day was great! And "very colorful". I would have loved to have joined you for the day. I'm also drawn to the Indian Culture, and I know it has alot to do with Uncle Del.
Love you!
Post a Comment