Sunrise -- Sunset
Sun sets on our present day, allowing our minds and bodies relaxation, renewal and rejuvenation with the rising of the sun the following morning.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

A Fall Ride To Lake Michigan


Join Me?

A couple of weeks ago Bryan and I jumped in the car and drove out to my favorite spot to see how the color was doing.We may have been a week too early but all the same the colors were beautiful.The small sand dune you see in the following pictures I have passed by many times and have been intriged in.This time I stopped along side the boardwalk and we walked across the street and up the sand hill.Needless to say it was higher then it looks in the pictures which brought on huffing and puffing as we climbed upward.Once up on top the view was magnificent and I took a few pictures.I took extra care so that I wouldn't do a tumble down accidently and reinjure my wrist.After a short while we did our climb down,much easier I might say and proceeded out to the beach with the pier.The snow fences were up signifying the ending of summer sun basking times and preparing for the snowy season to soon begin.A light chilly breeze was in the air which made us feel the need for our light jackets to be put on.The sun was bright enough for sunglasses all the same as we walked down to the water's edge.The water was so clear and inviting that if Bryan had rolled up his pant legs I would have followed suit very easily.I did ask him if he didn't want to wade in alittle but he declined feeling the water would be alittle too chilly on the feet.Bummer.I should have done it anyways,where was his adventure? We stayed just alittle while to walk down to the end of the pier,and walk back to snap a few more pictures before we headed back home.It was a beautiful afternoon and I enjoyed Bryan's company very much.It was nice to have some mother son time out to the lake.Summer is done,winter to begin.Even the lakeshore has its resting time so as to come back in the spring rejuvenated with trees full of blossoms and birds singing merrily, welcomeing us all back once more to enjoy a fresh new season.

4 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Hi Dianne,
A Mom and son outing! These are the kinds of things we cherish and should do so much more often than we do!

The pics are amazing, once again! It's always so interesting to browse through your bloggie!

I've been refraining from commenting recently but I do often click in here to see how you are doing and to follow Dan's progress. Will continue to do so ... I always enjoy reading Wascal's little comments too!

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Thank's Dianne, for posting this new blog and all the beautiful pictures. I would have loved to have been there with you and Brian for that walk. Such beautiful fall pictures of "the favorite spot". Not that long since the three of us girls basked in the sunshine, and walked in the lake. It hasn't been that long ago, but feels like it. I love you, and miss you very much. Please give hugs for me. I love you all. All your pictures stir alot of emotions within me. I "was" ready to go help with Awana. I now have to go redo my make up. I want my time back with you and Jeannie. Is that ok??? I'll be fine, yep, yep, yep. "I think"??

Eagle-eye Di said...

I feel exactly the same way you do.I wish we could get our special time back.I have felt alot of stirred up emotions with how everything went.Some good and some not as good.We all needed this special togeather bonding time but it just went too fast.Memories will remain for along time.By the way,your box went out monday.It will take 4-10 days to get to you.

Eagle-eye Di said...

Same here,as I look into your bloggie.I enjoyed seeing your post on your time out to Jeannie's.I am glad it went well and that it was the relaxing time you needed to have.Stay tuned for further updates on Dan.Thank-you for your prayers.