Question? Since when has a computer screen become a Bible? Am I wrong with knowing the Bible is the Word of God, and an intimate time with the Lord, reading your devotions, should be sitting quietly with the Word of God in your hands? Since when does the devotions become diminished with sitting in front of a computer screen along with all your other email? The computer has presidence over the family it seems. There is enough problem with outside things taking over the family--do we actually need to include the computer with devotions? Give me feedback. Am I wrong in my heartwrenching question?

3 comments:
(Originally posted Nov.8th, 1:35 PM by Carol-Ann)
Ah! Yes! Have no fear about expressing yourself on the screen, Dianne! I can see by this entry that you'll do just fine! Anyway, it's the thoughts more than the words that we want to hear! And I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures -- Jeannie has told me you've got some good ones! "Blogging" can eat up a lot of time and energy -- especially at this beginning stage that we're all in! By the way -- my middle name is "Side-Step" -- that's what I've just done with your piercing question! As Colleen would say, "hee, hee"!
I totally agree with you eagle eye di. I have personally seen where the person went from sitting constantly with his bible, then the computer screen. I have felt identical with you. I don't care what is said to back up the computer screen, it is not "the Bible". Thank's for sharing with everyone. You will get lots of comments back on this. (of all kinds) Of course, anytime you sit so long with the screen or Bible, you need to have "plenty" of carrots, for your eyes (hee hee).
Maybe the computer is the new view you were just talking about.
Or maybe its how you feel comfortable reading. What not how is the essential here.
Post a Comment